5 months ago
Requisition ID: 8863
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Electrical Engineer - New Grad - Navigation to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins Airborne Navigation & Weapons Sensors Engineering organization is a growing business area in need of a qualified entry-level electrical engineer to support design and development of state of the art navigation products for the Government marketplace. The ideal candidate shall have a well-rounded background; one that has demonstrated experience or training in multiple aspects of electrical engineering such as RF, digital, FPGA, and analog design. This is an individual contributor role in which the engineer is part of a cohesive team of engineers responsible for developing key subsystems for the Airborne Navigation and Weapons Sensor product lines.
The successful candidate will be involved in the entire design process including requirements capture, design and layout, integration, verification, transition to manufacturing, collateral support and customer interface. The applicant should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, as close integration with other team members including hardware, software, systems, test and operations as necessary.
* A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other bachelor degree in a STEM program (including Computer Science) that included 12 semester (or 18 quarter) credit hours in mathematics, including differential and integral calculus and applied mathematics and 10 semester (or 15 quarter) credit hours in natural science (biology, chemistry, earth sciences) including physics is required by December 2018.
* US Citizenship is Required.
* Must have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance.
The following talents and characteristics are very desirable:
* Strong desire to make our customers successful
* Strong leadership skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to multitask small and large projects
* Desire to work in a multi-discipline team environment
* The candidate must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
* Must be proficient with commonly used tools in MS Windows.
* Ability to use Lean Electronics principles or similar cost savings/waste reduction techniques
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.