about 1 year ago
CDG, a Boeing Company is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. CDG serves a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries.
Come join a dynamic team of Aircraft Engineers. Our engineering services team is leading the way for modern aircraft interiors and helping to provide critical data when airlines and operators need it most. Our culture is open and inclusive.
You will resolve complex engineering problems associated with support analysis, and modifications that require ingenuity and innovation. You will be working directly with Mechanical system, Structural and Project Engineers, providing Electrical system documentation and drawings for aircraft. This is a fast paced role, requiring the candidate to be able to manage their workload, priorities and meet deadlines effectively. Must have an ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management is essential. The candidate must have experience with generating design documents on CAD systems, such as UG NX, CATIA, ENOVIA, Mentor Graphics (Capital) and AutoCAD. The position is located in Long Beach, CA.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or other advanced degree
8 years of related experience and /or 12 years’ experience related commercial / military aircraft design fields.
• Candidate is responsible for concept development, performing trade studies, CAD model generation of designs, tolerance analysis, mass analysis, producibility analysis, and electrical interconnect cabling
• CATIA V5 / UG-NX modeling
• Provide technical solutions for a wide range of electrical design tasks
• Work independently to analyze, interpret, and translate source data into the product
• Develop and maintain electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (antennas, cable routing, power panels, equipment racks)
• Airworthiness certification
• Develop or update functional diagrams, wiring diagrams, and wire bundle and equipment installation drawings
• Ability to produce Electrical Load, Electrical Bonding and Voltage drop analysis documents.
• Researches, designs wire bundle installation, components & equipment installations with respect to electrical load, function and environmental conditions.
• Define and document electrical interfaces between Aircraft and component system.
• Execute electrical interface design enhancements to support existing and legacy aircraft
• Extensive understanding of EWIS assessment and review against existing instructions for continued airworthiness
• Broad knowledge of aircraft installation safety assessments for military or civil (CS25309)
• Familiar with aircraft compliance verification test documents
• Attend project meetings and supply specialist knowledge of electrical requirements.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
The successful candidate will ideally have a working knowledge of the design of various military or large civilian aircraft. An electrical engineering qualification is essential in addition to organizational and communication skills.
• Possess good knowledge of aircraft installation procedures and maintenance & repair documents
• Understand the requirement for critical separation and segregation of an existing aircraft’s wiring systems
• Possess a working knowledge of aircraft AC and DC power distribution system
• Have the ability to identify the functional and environmental test (RTCA-DO-160 for Airborne Equipment) requirements for system qualification
• Possess an understanding of engineering and drafting job practices, techniques, and standards
• Have basic understanding of IFE (In-flight entertainment) system and its interface/ functionality with existing aircraft systems – this is beneficial but not essential.
• Possess a working knowledge of passenger cabin interior illumination, PSU (Passenger Service Unit) and emergency escape marking path – this is beneficial but not essential.
• A working knowledge of EASA CS25 subpart F and / or FAA equivalent –this is beneficial but not essential.
• Able to travel in support of team projects, design or customer reviews, sometimes at short notice.
• Well-versed in using MS office applications
CDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Person: Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.