about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The project engineer is a liaison between the project manager and the technical disciplines involved in a project. The project engineer is also often the primary technical point of contact for the project.
The project engineer will lead engineering projects by organizing and controlling all project elements. Project tasks include creating and maintaining program budget, schedule, execution of standard processes, performing calculations, writing specifications, guiding and coordinating efforts between various technical leads. Small projects may be under the direction of a program engineer that coordinates efforts at a system level.
* Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans. Coordinate proposals with functional and program management.
* Determine project responsibilities by tracking passport milestones and reviews. Work with functional managers for personnel assignment to meet passport milestones and reviews.
* Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards. Complete technical studies, including the preparing of cost estimates.
* Confirm product performance by coordinating and conducting tests.
* Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications. Calculate time requirements and durations while sequencing project elements to meet schedule with allocated resources.
* Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress. Coordinate project activities, resolving problems as they occur.
* Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes. Recommend actions to complete customer milestones per schedule and budget.
* Control project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
* Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintain complete project records in secure location accessible by team members in order to promote team involvement while protecting proprietary and confidential data.
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 5-10 years of experience|
* Requirements analysis
* Design skills and experience
* Project management
* Manufacturing methods and procedures
* Process improvement
* Technical understanding of aerospace products
* Documentation skills
* Safety and regulatory management
* Team leadership / Supervision of work in process
* Computer aided drafting and design tools
* Ability to read schematics and circuit design
* Team player and resourceful in achieving goals
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering required
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.