8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
As part of the UTAS Monroe MRO engineering team, you will help develop the next generation of a more integrated and smarter repair facility. The Monroe MRO is seeking an engineer to support the aftermarket repair site.
In this role, the candidate will act as a technical liaison between the operation cells, customers, and OEMs.
This position requires daily onsite interaction and coordination with various functional groups including Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, OEM Engineering and Field Service Representatives, to convey technical requirements and resolve technical issues.
* Supports value stream by ensuring test rigs are functioning properly, provide technical clarity on repair manuals, and support product daily output is met
* Drive a systematic problem solving , process improvement and value enhancement approach utilizing ACE and engineering principles
* Develop inspection plans, tear down plans, fault isolation plans, and any other investigation plans in support of investigating product failures
* Must possess ability to creatively resolve problems and issues
* Design, develop and test all electrical manufacturing process
* Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications
* Use engineering principles to design products such as test rigs and fixtures
* Coordinate implement of Component Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins, Service Letters, and other airline directives.
* Prepare and conduct product maintenance and overhaul training.
* Ability to be flexible (change priorities as-needed), hands-on, analytical and intuitive.
* Work with some supervision and guidance to perform tasks of substantial complexity and be capable of leading
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulation
* Work and coordinate with cross-functional team to resolve technical issues
* Travel estimated < 10% Domestic & International
* 2-5 years of experience in electrical engineering within the aerospace industry or related field
* Fundamental circuit design skills and knowledge of analog and digital circuits
* Some experience in analysis and electrical schematics layout
* Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or similar software
* Proficiency in MS Office such as Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, positive attitude both internally and externally, while maintaining client service orientation
* Passed Fundamentals of Engineering or Engineer in Training exam
* Experience in troubleshooting and investigation of electrical hardware
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or an engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.