9 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Aero Boosters is the world leader in low-pressure compressors and oil systems for aircraft engines. Safran Aero Boosters also holds leading positions in test-cell engineering for aerospace engines and is a renowned supplier of flow regulation equipment for space propulsion.
Safran Aero Boosters high-tech products equip the Ariane launcher as well as most commercial aircraft engines in all thrust ranges. Based in Liège (Belgium), Safran Aero Boosters employs 1,450 people, and has two subsidiaries in the United States.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Electrical engineering
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Executing and supporting electrical design of assigned projects. Perform duties under the direction of project lead with limited supervision and a high degree of responsibility, ensuring that projects are completed on schedule, within budget, to specifications and without compromise to quality.
• Responsible for the electrical design of instrumentation and data acquisition systems, controls for pneumatic and fluid systems and related power systems.
• Engineering analysis, design and verification
• Team oriented, coordinating and supervising supporting project staff
• Completing assigned tasks with minimal supervision and in accordance with schedule and budget requirements
• Providing ongoing feedback to project lead, other departments (mechanical, software,…) and engineering management on deliverables
• Scheduling, conducting, and participating in design reviews
• Establish and verify design criteria, ensuring that product designs are produced in accordance with company design and quality standards and practices as well as customer specifications
• Ensure cost effective electrical designs in compliance with regulations, specified technical and contractual requirements
• Acquiring ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products and processes
• Product support through design, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning, with travel as required to worldwide sites
• Support existing customers on equipment and services (may include after-hours effort)
• Other duties as assigned
Travel domestically and internationally as required
Candidate skills & requirements
• Highly organized, self starting, team oriented
• Strong analytical skills, including Functional analysis, FMEA Risk analysis
• Clear and effective written and oral communication with co-workers, management, manufacturers and customers
• AutoCAD familiarity
• Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Design of:
o data acquisition and control systems
o power distribution and grounding systems
o Engine wiring harnesses
o P&ID for fluid power and pneumatics
o Instrumentation specification and application
o PLC design, implementation, and ladder logic
• Regulatory experience with FM, NFPA, CE, ATEX is a plus
• Aeronautical / Jet engine experience a plus
North America, United States, Minnesota, Minneapolis
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years