7 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
Woven Electronics is the premier designer and integrator of interconnect and assembly packaging solutions. We custom design and manufacture electronic assemblies and components for systems, sub-systems, and test equipment for military and commercial aircraft, surface ship and ground applications. We manufacture a highly specialized, responsive design and manufacturing capability that is dedicated to producing quality, cost effective turn-key products. This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace, and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Project Engineer in our Engineering business located in Simpsonville, SC.
Performs conventional engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigations. Instructions are provided on task specifications and design constraints. Close review of new design or applications is provided.
* Manages projects as assigned by engineering manager.
* Work includes the development of new products and processes as well as modifications to existing ones.
* Participates with drafters, technicians, and others to contribute to project completion.
* Heavy emphasis on the preparation of documents related to the design and manufacture of wiring harnesses.
* Some work involving electrical and electronic circuit design.
* Some work involving machine controls and electronic devices.
* Coordinates work with other engineers and operating groups to facilitate participation of various organizational units.
* Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment.
* Supporting Mechanical Design Engineers within the group with guidance on electrical issues.
* Supporting problem solving during manufacturing build process and through aftermarket queries.
* Customer support.
* Provide routine reports on the status of projects.
* Coordinates efforts and communicates with other departments, including Manufacturing, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and Planning.
* Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 1-year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Competent in Microsoft Office programs.
* Basic Computer Aided Design skills.
* Practical work experience related to the design, application, and manufacture of wiring harnesses.
* Working knowledge of optical fiber and signal processing.
* Knowledge of basic electronic circuit design.
* Sound project management skills
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.