about 1 year ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 45270BR Date posted 04/27/City Jamestown
State North Dakota
Country United States
The Electrical Engineer will generate software including the design of the System architecture. These designs will be to Aerospace and FAA requirements. The software integration will be for embedded microprocessor devices.
The Electrical Engineer will participate in the integration of software code with associated test hardware.
The Electrical Engineer will lead in the design and development of Embedded systems circuitry and printed circuit assemblies. These designs will be to Aerospace and FAA requirements.
The Electrical Engineer will lead in generating required process documentation including requirements specifications, design details, test procedures and reports.
The Electrical Engineer will prepare and review the drawings and layouts for complex production parts, components, and test equipment.
The Electrical Engineer will create any necessary test software and the associated SW compliance documentation.
* Experience in the design of electrical hardware with a background in RTCA/DO-160 and RTCA/DO-254 requirements
* Experience in software development and knowledge of C, C++, Java, Labview, and/or Visual Basic programming languages
* Experience in software development and knowledge of RTCA/DO-178 requirements
* Lab test experience with build of breadboard prototypes, EMI and Power Quality testing, and HALT/HASS
* An understanding of systems engineering with experience with requirements development and allocation, DOORS experience is preferred
* Strong communication skills and able to work in a multifunctional team environment
Education: Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree EE (from an accredited engineering curriculum with a past history of successful product design activities)
Years of experience: 3-5 years
Other (include certifications and/or professional credentials):
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.