9 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
The overriding business objective for the Electrical Engineer 4 will be to help grow the business by successfully designing innovative aircraft power systems. The key performance objectives for this position are described below.
* Design Innovative Power Systems. The successful Electrical Engineer 4 will leverage their significant technical skill and experience to design new technology electrical power systems which offer substantial benefits in weight, cost, and/or reliability over traditional approaches. The Electrical Engineer 4 will participate in topology selections and perform the detailed designs. The ability to create innovative designs, often flight critical in harsh airborne environments, is required. The Electrical Engineer 4 will lead the detailed design, analysis, testing, and documentation required to successfully launch new products. Engineering technicians, PCB designers, and lower level engineers will be provided as support in a team approach. The successful Electrical Engineer 4 will be capable of designing AC-DC, DC-DC, DC-AC power conversion, motor controls, magnetics design, PCB layout, EMI filtering, and power distribution systems. We are looking for high performance engineers who thrive on power system product development. It is expected within 3 months of hire, the Electrical Engineer 4 will be leading, the successful design of an aircraft power product. Within 12 months, it is expected that the product will be successfully moving through the phases of Astronics AES's product development towards production.
* Positive Team Leader. This position requires the successful candidate will be able to achieve results in program execution not only by design acuity, but also by being a leader to his teammates. The ability to rise above the design details and successfully drive a development program to timely completion is key. A desire to complete projects on time and on budget, coupled with a positive and active leadership, is a critical part of this position. The successful Electrical Engineer 4 will work and lead in a cross functional team, including test engineers, technicians, mechanical engineers, program management, software, manufacturing, and supply chain to achieve success. The ability to foster a positive team atmosphere is critical to success.
* Values and Behaviors. The Electrical Engineer 4 is expected to become familiar with Astronics core Values and Behaviors, and work within the framework of Passion, Life balance, Learning, Teamwork and Humility as defined at Astronics. The culture is open, innovative, collaborative, exciting and rewarding. Working in a fast-paced team environment coupled with our cultural values provides a great place to work and advance ones career.
* Mentorship and Learning. The Electrical Engineer 4 will successfully develop a collaborative relationship with design engineering staff at Astronics to provide technical guidance, mentorship, and peer reviews. Evidence of success will be assisting in the growth path of less experienced engineers and making critical impacts in design reviews and peer reviews of power conversion designs. In summary, growing key talent and assuring the quality of our designs are critical responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer 4.
* Credibility with Customers. Meet or communicate with customers to develop credibility as a leading expert in the design and certification of aircraft electrical power systems. A secondary goal of the Electrical Engineer 4 will be to impress, gain confidence, and build credibility with key aircraft designers reinforcing the fact that Astronics AES provides the best system solution to aircraft power needs. By providing technical assistance to customers, building key relationships, and increasing credibility, the challenge is to build our reputation as the recognized industry leader of aircraft electrical power systems in our market segment.
* New Technology Trade-Offs. The Electrical Engineer 4 will be knowledgeable about new technology trends in power systems and be able to make logical recommendations, based upon experience and certification rules, about the practical implementation of these technologies.
In summary, the Electrical Engineer 4 will have a significant impact on the successful growth of Astronics AES. This is a leadership position within a dynamic company that is excited about the long-term growth of aircraft electrical power systems and the long-term career development that can coincide with that growth.
* Requires bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and minimum 8 years power electronics related experience, specifically with advanced, high power, electronic power conversion.
* Understanding of analog, digital and power electrical/electronic circuits.
* Understanding of design and test of magnetic components.
* Experience with requirements capture, analysis, and tracking.
* Experience with formal Product Development Processes.
* Familiarity/experience using OrCAD, SPICE, PSIM, and/or SABER software, or similar platforms for analysis.
* Familiarity/experience with DO-160, Boeing, and/or Airbus EMI, power quality, and susceptibility requirements, including all environmental aspects of qualification for FAA compliance to Federal Regulations is preferred but not required.
* Familiarity/experience with D0-254 procedures, documents and testing to ensure compliance with its requirements is preferred but not required.
* Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Astronics AES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.