4 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AES) is a division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our EMPOWER® product line. We are also a leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our COREPOWER® product line. Astronics’ revenues have grown at 28% average growth rate over the last 5 years. AES, based in Kirkland Washington, has over 500 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 11 years consecutively.
The overriding business objective for the Electrical Engineer 1 will be to learn the design and development of innovative Power Systems. The key performance objectives for this position are described below:
* Design Innovative Power Systems. The successful Electrical Engineer 1 will leverage their education to learn how to design new technology electrical power systems which offer substantial benefits in weight, cost, and/or reliability over traditional approaches. The Engineer will perform detailed design, analysis, testing, and draft the documentation required to successfully launch new products, including authoring test procedures in support of development verification testing, DO-254 documents, and qualification test procedures and reports. Additionally, they will be expected to coordinate, prepare and review technical drawings, documents and data items. We are looking for high performance engineers with a desire to learn power system product development. It is expected within 3 months of hire, the Electrical Engineer I will be contributing to the successful design or qualification of an aircraft power product. Within 12 months, it is expected that they can take on a significant portion of a new design on their own.
* High Performance Team Environment. Astronics AES is known as one of the best places to work in the Seattle area. Working in a highly productive team environment is key to our success. The successful Electrical Engineer 1 will work in a cross functional team, including test engineers, technicians, mechanical engineers, program management, software, manufacturing, and supply chain to achieve success. The ability to work in a positive team atmosphere is critical to success.
* Mentorship and Learning. The Electrical Engineer 1 will develop a collaborative relationship with more experienced design engineering staff at Astronics to learn from their technical guidance, mentorship, and peer reviews. Evidence of success will be gaining independence in the design process and becoming a contributing member of the design team.
* Behaviors and Values. The Electrical Engineer 1 is expected to become familiar with Astronics core Behaviors and Values, and work within the frame work of Passion, Life balance, Learning, Teamwork and Humility as defined at Astronics. The culture is open, innovative, collaborative, exciting and rewarding. Working in a fast paced team environment coupled with our cultural values provides a great place to work and advance ones career.
In summary, growing key talent and assuring the quality of our designs are critical to the success of Astronics. The Electrical Engineer I will have a significant opportunity for personal development and contribution to the success of our company. The ability to create innovative designs, often flight critical in harsh airborne environments, is the long term goal for this position. Astronics is a dynamic company that is excited about the evolution of aircraft electrical power systems and the career path development that can coincide with that advancement in technology.
* Requires bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with an interest in advanced, high power, electronic power conversion.
* Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Astronics AES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.