5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) segment of UTC Aerospace Systems has a position for an experienced Electrical CAD PCB Designer within the Drafting Services organization. The ECAD PCB Designer will apply technical expertise in performing component placement and routing for high-density packaged circuit card assemblies. The ECAD PCB Designer is responsible for assisting in various phases of development projects related to the design of printed circuit cards. Product applications will include Video Surveillance Systems, Flight Displays, Video Servers, and Electronic Flight Bags. The candidate will participate as a team member of a project team and work closely with other engineering disciplines to design and implement high speed printed circuit boards. The printed circuit cards will use the latest technology in BGA's, SMT, flex, and high-speed communications, in compliance with IPC standards. Candidate will be required to work both independently and as part of a team. This position requires a motivated and customer focused individual who can function in a dynamic multi-disciplined environment.
Role responsibilities include:
* Design new and rework change order PCB’s from conceptualization to production using and creating design requirements.
* Create and load design rules, library symbols and footprints to IPC standards.
* Perform design verification.
* Generate all artwork and support files required to fabricate a printed circuit board.
* Contribute to the improvement of design processes and create standard work instructions as needed.
* Process engineering changes.
* Collaborate with design team in coordination meetings.
* Prioritize work flow to meet schedules and quality requirements.
* Provide support to engineering team members. (Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Systems, and Manufacturing).
* Manage parts lists.
* 6+ years of experience with Cadence.
* 6+ years of experience with low noise analog design techniques.
* 6+ years of experience with high speed design techniques.
* Advanced interpersonal skills, including ability to perform duties in a team environment.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess effective time management skills.
* U.S. person statement (U.S. citizenship or green card required): Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
* 6+ years of experience with high-speed design techniques.
* 6+ years of experience with high-speed interfaces such as (DDR3, PCIe, GigE, USB3.0, SATA, LVDS)
* 6+ years of experience working with high reliability, IPCA class 3 PCB’s.
* 6+ years of experience working in a complex manufacturing environment with a demonstrated knowledge of the PCB fabrication process, cost drivers, and techniques.
* Knowledge of complex PCB design manufacturing challenges and solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work to meet schedules and quality control requirements.
* Ability to work overtime when required to meet customer milestones.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen. Note: Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year). Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post-high school training (two years duration) with a minimum of 6 years of experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.