6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That's why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Because of a strategic commitment, United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) created the Electronic Systems Center (ESC) headquartered in scenic Phoenix, AZ. The ESC supports a wide variety of UTAS aerospace products with state-of-art engineering development, testing, and production facilities and expertise. The ESC team designs, tests, builds and supports electronic control units and systems for primary flight control systems, high-lift systems, electronic and hydraulically actuated brake control systems, and many other products for all parts of the United Technologies Enterprise.
We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges-safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
The Electrical Engineer will work with a global team of engineers in Phoenix and India, on electronic control units for aerospace applications. The role will support the entire design life cycle from project planning efforts to entry into service and production transition support. Requirements definition using DOORS, detailed design, validation of requirements and verification of implementation. Also includes managing Problem reports for hardware that has already been delivered.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and works well in a team environment.
* Drive new product introduction, value engineering, and production support projects
* Create hardware design requirements traceability and flow down requirements
* Hands-on debugging of hardware during integration or lab testing
* Create complex sub-system trade studies, algorithms, and error budgets.
* Utilize appropriate Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions with a heavy focus on platform design, reuse, and knowledge management
* Support project planning efforts and ensure execution of schedule and budget.
* Creation and review of engineering documentation
* Other tasks as assigned
* Proficient in analog and digital circuit design, building, and testing circuits in a lab environment
* Design responsibilities include development and analysis of analog, digital and power circuits including Ps/Cs/DSPs, FPGAs, sensor interfaces, motor controllers, linear and switching power supplies.
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Good computer skills with ability to learn new programs/software
* Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
* Hardware Verification experience including, test procedure development, robustness testing and debug
* Experience with hardware configuration management and problem reporting tools
* Experience working within DO-254 certification program(s), including Stages of Involvement (SOI) Audits under EASA or FAA
* Experience using Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and Expedition
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* BS degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Equivalent with 2 to 5 years of industry experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.