3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry's biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
We are looking for a Generator Electrical/Electro-Mechanical Engineer to support the Electric Power Systems Electric Power Generation design department.
* Include electro-magnetic design and development of generators and integrated drive generators for aerospace applications. The Electric Power Generation department designs machines capable of delivering power from 5kVA to 500kVA.
* The work includes hardware analysis, manufacturing support, mechanical design, engineering development and qualification testing.
* Participating and eventually leading investigations to determine root cause of electromagnetic, mechanical and hydro-mechanical hardware failures.
* Provide product support engineering to manufacturing plantsites and suppliers for the electromagnetic and mechanical designs of legacy and current production generators and IDG's for commercial and military aircraft applications.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 0 - 3 years of related experience (prior UTC COOP/internship or full time experience preferred)
* Candidate should have a high interest in electro-magnetic and mechanical rotating hardware analysis and design.
* Enjoy working on development projects with hands on involvement in resolving hardware manufacturing and test related issues.
* A patient and dedicated desire to learn on the job skills, design tools and techniques from an experienced aerospace design engineering group.
* The position requires self-motivation, resourcefulness, good written and oral communication skills and the ability and dedication to work long term in a team environment.
* Experience in performing product and component development and qualification (including performance and environmental) testing is desired.
* Background in mechanical design and analytical tools is a plus.
* An understanding of electric machines and rotating mechanical hardware construction is beneficial for the position.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required
* Master's Degree preferred with a focus on electromagnetic machine design and power systems.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.