10 months ago
The EHS Site Leader will demonstrate leadership in communicating EHS business goals, programs, and processes. In the role of EHS Site Leader, you will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute EHS objectives for self and your team, and have the ability to impact short-term and long-term business goals.
* Develop and implement site-specific Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) programs and processes including:
* Emergency Preparedness and Fire Protection
* Safety Risk Assessments and Safe Working Procedures for Non-Office Activities
* Hazardous Waste Management
* H&S Training
* Contractor Safety
* Security Access Control
* Manned Guarding
* and Crisis Management
* Serve as the site security lead
* Provide oversight for the medical facility
* Work with the business operational managers to ensure that all operational activities are clearly identified and risk assessed to ensure safe working procedures are developed and any safety hazards are appropriately controlled (e.g. barriers and engineering controls)
* Drive improvements in compliance processes, employee training, and EHS performance for key site metrics: I&I workers comp
* Support the facilities team to identify safety and security critical equipment and develop preventative maintenance plans to manage these effectively and compliantly
* Be responsible for identification and timely submission of all applicable EHS permits
* Develop site emergency response plan and incident management team to be operational prior to occupancy
* Develop a training plan to cover both site induction orientations and task specific safety training
* Induct and train local employees and contractors/service companies in basic EHS awareness and GE / local rules
* Conduct compliance and framework audits and reviews necessary to meet company and local compliance requirements to reduce risk liability
* Establish injury prevention initiatives focused on world-class health and safety performance
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in EHS management
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Proven ability to inspire and work collaboratively across various levels in the organization
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Middle River Aircraft Systems has been designing, building and servicing the world's best aircraft for seventy years. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay, Middle River Aircraft Systems (MRAS) operates a 1.7 million square feet facility on 180 acres. One of the country's biggest suppliers of aircraft during World War II, today MRAS is dedicated to meeting the aircraft industry's specialized needs.
MRAS works with the industry's major airframers and engine producers to design, build and support the structures that complement their products. MRAS is one of the world's leading suppliers of jet engine thrust reversers -- the brakes of a jet engine - providing reversers for both General Electric and Pratt & Whitney, the world's largest aircraft engine manufacturers. The company also produces a variety of specialized structures for major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Lockheed Martin for both commercial and military aircraft. In addition to design and manufacturing, MRAS provides overhaul and repair services for a variety of aerostructures. Aftermarket and support customers include nearly every major domestic commercial airline and many international airlines. Our maintenance team, combined with our spare parts distribution center, keeps customers flying around the world. Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.