10 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The EHS Representative will typically be aligned to specific businesses or sectors. Individuals will generally either be located at, and only support, a specific site or project (including construction), or have a role that requires specific industry / business expertise or interaction with specific business customers.
Includes EHS professionals involved in “designing for EHS” (NPI), individuals responsible for customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects.
In addition, the EHS Representative will:
* Provide EHS operational support to assigned areas
* Work closely with Evendale EHS (Site) & Labs to respond to EHS needs, drive implementation of programs & compliance with federal, state, local, and GE requirements
* Support operations and drive completion of Risk Assessments (Safety RAs, JSAs), EHS Audits and timely closure of findings, self-audits, safety walks, monthly group topics
* Lead and implement appropriate EHS support documents for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) management
* Own EHS Metrics, Goals & Objectives (G&Os) & Scorecards including monthly submission to the Site & Leadership Team
* Coordinates the Management of Change (MOC) & equipment readiness through closure for lab area changes, new installs, moves, rearrangements, etc
* Own/manage Project Requests, planning, launching/coordinating lab projects
* Chemical and Waste Management to include all documentation
* Management of equipment preventative maintenance, including documentation updates
* Equipment/Machine Asset Management including system updates & associated communication
* Identification of risks including planning & actions for reducing risks
* Support Site EHS team with Lock Out/Tag Out process
* Support the Leadership Team with Manufacturing Readiness (MRL) items specific to the lab operations
* Coordinate & work with other EHS Leaders to develop standard practices & promote best practices across the Value Stream
* Ensure relevant EHS training is available as new processes, equipment and requirements are developed & identified
* Formalize required documentation per established practices
* Conduct/validate accident investigations to determine root cause and proactive solutions. Keep leadership apprised of all pertinent EHS issues
* Requires occasional travel for training or meetings
* BS in related science/engineering with a strong mechanical and chemical focus (or equivalent field)
* Minimum of 3 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment, preferably in a regulated industry
* Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance is strongly preferred
* Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels of internal and external customers
* Demonstrated leadership experience
* Strong interpersonal skills (training/presentation, facilitation, team building, communication)
* Proven record of problem solving, results and accomplishments
* Green Belt certified
* Experience in machining, process development or lab environments, manufacturing ergonomics, VPP, machine guarding, process safety knowledge and EHS
* Familiarity with and/or previous experience with GE environmental, health and safety programs
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.