about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10729
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Robesonia
Functional Area: Environmental/Health/Safety
Division: EMG - Specialty Metals
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Hours of Work: M - F: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Travel Percentage: 10
AMETEK’s culture reflects the passion and success of a dynamic, results-oriented organization built upon operational consistency, targeted investment in technology and strong market positions. AMETEK is decentralized but drives accountability, work structure and work style that fits each business. The culture is a team-oriented meritocracy and values candor, openness and continuous improvement. The company is results-driven and is known for its high ethics and integrity. A strong work ethic and a sense of engagement create a culture of shared purpose and connection; it is a down-to-earth, roll-up-the-sleeves environment where people work hard, support each other and are passionate but respectful with each other and their customers.
The AMETEK Specialty Metal Products (SMP) Division is a global leader in the development and production of an array of superior metal products. With more than 60+ years of business and technology expertise, the AMETEK Reading Alloys Plant manufactures world class aerospace grade master alloys, medical grade metal powders and similar advanced engineered metals.
The position is located at the AMETEK Reading Alloys Plant, 220 Old West Penn Avenue, Robesonia, PA 19551.
The AMETEK Reading Alloys EHS Manager has a dual reporting relationship to both the Reading Alloys Operations Manager and the SMP Division EHS Manager. The position has no direct reports.
This position supports the plant with the development and implementation of the AMETEK and SMP Safety Management system. In addition to the support of EHS daily activities, the EHS Manager helps drive the site’s EHS cultural improvements by identifying and addressing risks, maintaining compliance, determining root causes for incidents, developing corrective actions and EHS providing training that sustains the AMETEK EHS Policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Broadly speaking, near term deliverables include:
• Provide professional EHS expertise and leadership to deliver a robust and sustainable EHS culture for the Business;
• Identify and assess risks throughout the AMETEK Reading Alloys facility. Develop and implement sound control measures consistent with a zero accidents – zero environment incidents culture.
• Lead and manage all AMETEK Reading Alloys EHS programs and systems to ensure worker safety and comply with all applicable USDOL OSHA Standards, Directives and Local Emphasis Programs, US EPA and State regulatory agencies. Must operate with credibility as an EHS technical expert with the ability to implement EHS solutions;
• Coach, lead, mentor and develop managers, supervisors and employees to achieve EHS objectives and to support individual employee EHS knowledge and development. Develop and implement training programs to ensure all workers have current EHS knowledge;
• Directly and through others, create and implement Reading Alloys EHS practices, procedures, metrics, systems and structures to align with best practices and the USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulations;
• Regularly conduct Plant EHS audits and assess Plant EHS Risks. Identify and implement changes to mitigate any risk, improve facility EHS programs, increase the effectiveness of all EHS programs and, where prudent, reduce cost;
• Is the Reading Alloys champion for all Accident Management systems. Develops, implements and improves immediate accident investigation and near miss incident programs which drive continual improvement to meet the AMETEK goal of “Zero Accidents”;
• Responsible for annual/periodic review of all Reading Alloys EHS programs. Responsible for all location industrial hygiene programs. Promptly communicates all results to Plant Management and ensures prompt corrective action where needed;
• Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all Reading Alloys EHS, USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulatory reports, logs and forms. Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual EHS reports for use by Reading Alloys Management which document and communicate applicable EHS metrics and benchmarks;
• Where applicable, is the primary contact with USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulatory agencies. Is a member of the Reading Alloys facility Leadership Team in the event of a significant site accident or environmental incident. Is the Reading Alloys spokesperson in the event of an environmental or safety incident;
• Accountable for the effective and efficient allocation and use of all Reading Alloys EHS resources. Accountable to establish and communicate the annual EHS business plan and operations budget. Ensures that all EHS activities operate consistent with the plan and the budget. Where applicable, work with internal and external experts to establish world class EHS programs and systems;
• Responsible for the management of the site Safety Data Sheets for finished product. Support US DOT and International Hazmat shipping directives
• Aligns Reading Alloys EHS initiatives with the SMP EHS and Corporate Compliance directives and programs. Supports property and worker’s compensation insurance initiatives. Reviews applicable Capital Projects to ensure each project meets/exceeds all EHS standards and requirements.
• Facilitates and assists the AMETEK property insurance company by scheduling and participating in periodic Reading Alloys facility audits. Follow up to address and implement corrective actions where applicable.
The position offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary and the AMETEK Employee Benefits Program.
AMETEK seeks a proven, highly-motivated EHS leader, with the ability to formulate and drive an active EHS Agenda for AMETEK Reading Alloys, in a highly visible role and the future potential to assume greater responsibility. Specific experiences required or desired include:
• BS - Environmental, Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Applied Sciences, Engineering or similar major;
• 5 - 10 years of demonstrated EHS leadership and success in a primary metals manufacturing environment with an appropriate progression of increased responsibility;
• Eligible to be certified as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH);
• Expertise and experience to use equipment designed to inspect, test, monitor, and measure environmental levels;
• Hands-on experience with the development, implementation and continuous improvement of EHS programs and systems in a manufacturing environment;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will possess the following key leadership competencies:
• Sound analytic and problem solving skills and decision-making capabilities;
• Strong results orientation and execution capability; Excellent strategic AND tactical thinking;
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines and achieve desired results;
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coach people in varying disciplines to achieve performance goals; Solid team building skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate as effectively on the shop floor as in the executive suite; able to provide effective and meaningful EHS training to location employees.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
The ideal candidate will possess the following personal attributes and values:
• Drives improvements in EHS, production, quality and waste reduction
• Relentless focus on eliminating injury through cultural change
• Works with a sense of urgency and willingness to jump in and become part of the solution
• Uses data to validate conclusions and develop trending for leading indicators
• Positive and energetic interaction with peers and workforce
• Passion for eliminating incidents that result in injury, environmental damage, or non-compliance issues; subject matter expert in all EHS aspects for the site.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.