5 months ago
Over the past 60 years, Moog has developed a reputation throughout the world as a company whose people and products are at the forefront of the aerospace industry. We are known for our successful solutions to motion control challenges that are viewed by others as impossible. Over this period, Moog has expanded its capability base to become a leading supplier of integrated control actuation systems for civil and military aircraft.
If it’s got to fly, Moog’s team of engineers and technicians can make it happen
In an industry that continuously pushes technology to its absolute limits, employing the best and brightest in the field is crucial.
Can you maintain a continuous state of alertness to observe quality changes?
Do you take pride in doing the job right every time?
Our Aircraft Group needs your skills and quality mindset in our
EDM Machinist opening…
In this role you’ll…
…be responsible for performing set-ups for production and prototype parts. On occasion, you will specify size and configuration of electrodes and determine sequence of Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) operations in the absence of operation sheets.
…train and monitor the work of the EDM operator. Effective utilization of all EDM machines will be under your jurisdiction as you transfer the operator from machine to machine while performing new set-ups or adjustments to set-ups. You’ll also operate the Surface Grinder within your department to regrind electrodes.
…set-up the machines which will require that you establish EDM machine parameters for proper machining rates. You’ll be responsible for detecting unusual conditions, such as uneven electrode wear, defective material, etc., and report findings to the supervisor.
The qualifications and skills you'll need to bring with you to this role...
* Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent plus over one year of related experience.
* Demonstrated ability to use shop math, together with use of complicated drawings, specifications, and charts.
* Demonstrated ability to use adjustable measuring instruments much as micrometers and calipers.
* Capable of continuous mental and visual attention on typically repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness or activity.
* Physical effort consisting of frequent lifting or moving light weight material or continuously lifting or moving light-weight materials (1-5 lbs.)
* Ability to perform diversified operations following standard procedures.
* Use of judgement to plan, perform and make decisions to support production goals within the cell.
* In accordance with strict Federal Aviation Agency (F.A.A.) regulations regarding Safety Sensitive Work (S.S.W.), employee enrollment & participation in the company’s "F.A.A. Drug & Alcohol Program" is a requirement for this position.
Moog Inc. is an EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran