3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the structural analysis of gas turbine engine power transfer components. These components include gearboxes, pumps, and oil tanks.
* The position involves establishing structural design guidelines
* Clarifying structural requirements
* Providing guidance on mounting configurations
* Reviewing analysis and test plans
* Reviewing analysis and test reports
* Participating in design reviews
* Acquiring and reducing on-engine component vibration measurements
* Selecting resonant dwell frequencies for vibration testing, performing vibration testing
* Interacting with government or regulatory agencies regarding structural qualification issues
* Assisting in root cause and corrective action efforts to improve field durability.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 10 years of Dynamic Testing and analysis in the aerospace experience required
* Experienced in Rotor dynamics for nonlinear and linear complex systems
* Torsional Dynamics for nonlinear and linear complex systems
* Understanding of Multiplane Balancing and application to the manufacturing Process
* Pressure Dynamics including experience with Cavitation Analysis and Mitigation techniques
* Hands on Experience in engine and component aerospace dynamics testing
* Structural modal testing and analysis
* High Level of Understanding of Aerospace vibration testing environments and standards
* Certified Delegate for Airframers and Aerospace Manufacturers for Qualification Testing
* Vast Knowledge in instrumentation including pressure transducers, telemetry, strain gage, vibration measurements, and BOM aerospace sensors
* Advanced analog and digital signal processing capability
* Capable of communicating high level technical issues verbally and written
* Ability to act as subject matter expert
* Mentor and grow dynamics capability within the company through teaching high level technical classes in field
* Share lessons learned across business units through leading committees at a fellow level
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field required
* Master's Degree or PhD preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.