10 months ago
Dynamics Engineer - Brake Vibration
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52706BR Date posted 08/22/City Troy
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Dynamics Engineer - Brake Vibration in Troy, OH.
The Dynamics Engineer provides dynamics design support through all stages of the wheel and brake product life cycle. Significant elements of this support are:
• Create and validate dynamics models, using ANSYS and other CAE tools
• Determine the parameters of the dynamics dynamometer test program for development and qual (ie: fixture design/settings, stop parameters, etc.).
• Provide testing oversight supporting data acquisition and analysis.
• Maintain tools (instrumentation, macros, scripts, etc) needed for Dynamics support across programs.
• Provide design recommendations on the basis of models and test results to understand and improve dynamics performance and resolve dynamics exceedances as required.
• The Dynamics Engineer also develops technology in the area of new CAE tools and experimental dynamics methods to be integrated into advanced methods.
* Design and development experience (may be as a co-op or intern).
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Master of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 2 years of aircraft related design and development experience.
* Dynamics modeling proficiency (modal analysis and stability assessment) with CAE software platforms (UGNX, ANSYS, etc.).
* Programming experience.
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.