8 months ago
GE is the world-leading supplier of all-composite propeller systems and the only company to have in-service experience on modern turboprop engines. GE experience with all-composite blades is unmatched in the industry , having pioneered the introduction of all-composite blades & accrued more than 140 million blade flying hours while establishing an unrivaled safety and reliability record . GE propellers on aircraft in the Iraq war. GE was the first to introduce electronic control for the propeller, and the only business supplying modern generation turboprop engines that have electronic control systems. Modern generation turboprop aircraft include the C-130J, C-27J, Q400 Dash 8, and re-engined Chinese Y8F600, among others. The control system is configured on a modular basis ensuring excellent maintainability & low life-cycle costs. All of GE propellers systems feature advanced aerodynamics, optimized take-off, climb & cruise performance, and lower noise levels. GE offers total propeller system support with global network of repair & overhaul organizations.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Field Service Representative will be responsible for supporting the R391 Composite Propeller System, both on and off wing at the customer site. In this role, you will be the product expert and focal point for providing assistance with troubleshooting, training, planning, and logistical issues to complete the contract work scope. The Field Service Representative will be responsible for performing intermediate and limited depot level repairs in direct support of the customer.
The Field Service Representative will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In the role of Field Service Representative, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In particular, the Field Service Representative will:
* Provide On-Site propeller maintenance inclusive of: repairs, modification and preventative maintenance
* Work scope includes both On-Wing and Off Wing repairs
* Provide general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of GE products
* Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction
* Provide Project Engineering, Program Management and Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of programs, customer problems, failures, trends and climate
* Provide communication to Product Support and Field Service regarding all program activities and problems through regular, timely reports
* Be responsible for reports, including: obtaining, interpreting, and communicating significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and support
* Assist customer in scheduling maintenance and workload
* Assist in ensuring parts meet established schedules
* Make recommendations on findings
* Review effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify training needs
* Anticipate requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements
* Perform intermediate and depot level maintenance
* Must be available on
call outside of normal work hours
* Conduct hands-on-training for Government personnel in aircraft operation, maintenance, and safety proficiency
* Perform Certification release for equipment maintained
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field service or maintenance position)
* Minimum of 2 years of Aviation and / or aviation maintenance experience
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Ability and willingness to relocate to Westhampton, New York after certification training and / or service multiple sites within the United States of America based on business needs and availability of assignment opportunities during training period
* Training assignment locations may include, but are not limited to:
* New Mexico
* Rhode Island
* North Carolina
* Must be available on
call outside of normal work hours
* Ability and willingness to be relocated globally depending on business needs
* Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a security clearance while located domestically (at a US site)
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college, or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Proven years of experience in a field service or maintenance position
* Maintenance experience on the C130J platform & R391 Propeller system
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
* Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
* C130J maintenance experience (US applicable)
* "Hands On" repair experience and propulsion systems knowledge
* Experience using Microsoft Office
* Strong attention to detail
* Self-starter comfortable working as a remote team member
* Experience with military logistic / supply processes
* Composite repair experience
* Capable of managing multiple and varied tasks
* Being a global thinker
* Open to relocating anywhere globally
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; New York; Westhampton
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.