7 months ago
Document Contol Coordinator I
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57916BR Date posted 12/09/City Colorado Springs
Our Specialty Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and cabin crew seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, and Bombardier, as well as key military OEMs to include Lockheed Martin and Boeing Military. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
Responsible for clerical duties related to technical documentation of procedures and practices. Ensures proper upkeep of technical documents.Provides various support and coordination of activities for the Engineering and Technical Services departments.
* Provides support to Engineering and Manufacturing through data integrity and entry. Support includes completion of tasks associated with coordination of Documentation Control.
* Processes Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and Document Control Request/Notices (DCRN).
* Processes and releases Customer Change Requests (CCR) and Manufacturing Change Orders (MCO).
* Conducts various additional tasks for the Drafting team.
* Creates and updates procedures and guidelines associated with the various technical services/documentation control processes and tools.
* Works with Engineering to ensure data and documentation is valid and accurate for the various processes.
* Sends communicative emails on status reports (ECOs/DCRNs completed for day.)
* Perform other duties as required and available for overtime
* Ensures quality product utilizing UTAS quality procedures.
* Audits work area for safety compliance.
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
Qualification: Experience Required:
* Minimum 1-3 years of Document Control experience required (depending on level of education).
* Team Center (or other Product Lifecycle Management – PLM) experience preferred.
* SAP (or other MRP system) familiarity required.
* Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
* Familiarity with Engineering Change Orders and Customer Change Requests required.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
* Ability to write, edit, and proofread business correspondence, proposals, procedural manuals, and other written material.
* Must have a high level of organization and ability to multi task within several independent efforts.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to interact with all levels of the Company.
* Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment
* Time management and problem solving skills including the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
* Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Demonstrate ability to attention to detail.
* Understanding Bill of Material (BOM) structures preferred.
* Ability to multi-task conflicting priorities in a high-pressure environment while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
* Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
* Ability to apply logical thinking to practical problems.
Possibility of 10% travel time
Work Environment/Other Position Requirements:
* Works in a fast-paced office/manufacturing environment with moderate noise levels.
* Must wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) in required areas.
* Prolonged sitting required.
* Ability to input, retrieve, access, and send accurate information via computer.
Education: Education Required:
High school diploma or equivalent plus additional specialized courses or short-term training (one year or less) with minimum of 3 years experience OR Associates Degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (two years duration) with minimum of 1 year experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.