7 months ago
Director, Supplier Mgmt / Procurement, Globalprogram-TOR03797
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Lead a team of Commodity Managers, Commodity Supervisors, Senior Material Logistics Agents and Supplier Management specialists responsible for planning & order parts, managing schedule disconnects as it pertains production requirements and ensure the right configuration and quality part is delivered to the right place on time.
- Ensure that a system and practices are in place to identify and mitigate all types of supply chain risks in order to ensure the availability of material on timelines required by the Business Unit. Oversee the schedule of material to support final line production.
- Develop a system to ensure that gurantees the on time placement of Purchase Orders and administration of related activities to ensure contractual lead times are respected.
- Build strong supplier relationships and monitor supplier performance using BSC / supplier scorecard metrics. Host PMR, Top 10, WIPR or other related activities allowing for the reporting of supplier performance and highlight any concerns.
- Develop and execute a means for cost recovery from suppliers which are not performing to expected levels, including but not limited to disruption costs and increased BOM costs incurred.
- Develop and execute a strategy to repatriate procurement activities from a project pre-Type Cert environment by Supply Chain to a sustaining and contract execution Logistics procurement activity (Global 7000/8000 specific).
- Develop and execute a strategic vision for the Toronto site procurement organization increasing the capability and effectiveness of the team while meeting budgetary and business needs. The vision will include harmonization / alignment of priorities across programs, realizing best practices and efficiencies.
- Lead and develop a high performing team to meet objectives and work with a cross functional mindset.
- Manage and administer the activities of Unionized and Salaried employees in a Logistics Procurement and Supply Chain Management environment.
- Define, implement and monitor all Procurement and assist Line Logistics peers with and Supplier Management activities KPIs as it relates to the support of the operational business needs Toronto for all programs.
- Manage and support the Commodity Management team employees in their execution of responsibilities as defined by Bombardier Manufacturing Systems to ensure flawless execution from a production parts availability perspective
- Liaise with the on-site supplier intervention / procurement / supply chain groups as needed in order to ensure component delivery on time
- Liaise with the Line Logistics Director – Toronto to ensure smooth operations from a planning and MRB perspective including change management.
- Development of departmental budgets. Ensure measuring and report on financial performance
- Promote and act as a leader Coach, mentor and develop supervisory employees in the group
- Ensure timely and effective communications regarding operational issues, schedules and compliance with internal customers
- Maintain a strong cross-functional focus, ensuring the team members work collaboratively to meet program objectives
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, policies and procedures
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline; or equivalent job experience with minimum (10) years’ demonstrating progressive experience in Supply Chain/Inventory & schedule Planning/Material Handling; with minimum (5) years in management; MBA is an asset.
- SAP / MES / EWM / APO / expertise;
- Experience with other MRP systems such as MACPAC and LEGACY, Bombardier inventory system SGM, non-conforming reports system NCMS, Eshort and Etools an asset;
- A through and detailed understanding of Aerospace manufacting systems – Specifically BMS;
- You have a firm understanding of Aerospace Quality requiremnts as it pertains to MRB and Inventory Control as specified by Airworthness Authorities;
- You must possess excellent leadership skills including strong ambition and desire to succeed, a robust professional ethic and proven planning, prioritizing and organizational skills;
- Passionate coaching skills and ability to motivate a team and have a good understanding of customer / supplier relations
- You must be proactive, results oriented and strive for continued improvement
- You are able to foster a sense of teamwork and excellence in the workplace
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: General Management
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 15.05.2018, 8:10:23 PM
7 months ago
only 13 days until close
2 months ago
only 18 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 3 days until close
only 26 days until close