7 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for managing the work deliverables of the platform/product/solution, large portfolio of products or multiple components within a platform product.
* Manages agile teams; dotted line help as well
* Manages other people managers and technical leads/individual contributors.
* Dotted line management of other associated functions.
* Begins to manage other people managers/ first time manager to other people managers.
* Demonstrated ability to lead through others; leads multiple agile teams.
* Has the deep understanding required to balance priorities of their own time (spread themselves between tactical & strategic).
* Learns to allocate/distribute work to others.
* Leadership comes through technical depth within the product line and ability to lead/influence within business.
* Leverages his/her technical depth and broader business understanding to coach and develop the technical leaders that report to them.
* Provides strategic inputs into S2 and other business activities.
* Provides coaching, feedback, developmental opportunities, etc. to direct/indirect reports within a broader team.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 10 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across product lines.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Strong Aviation industry experience
* Strong product/program management experience and expertise
Locations: United States; California, Ohio, Texas; Evendale, San Ramon, Austin
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.