about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10730
Location: US - Tennessee - Oak Ridge
Functional Area: Sales
Division: MMA - Materials Analysis Division
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Not Indicated
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Relocation Provided: Yes
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 75
AMETEK is a multi-billion-dollar leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The Advanced Measurement Technology (AMT) business unit is a premier global leader in manufacturing nuclear detection equipment, instrumentation, and other highly-calibrated products under the brand names of Ortec, Sunpower, and a family of products referred to as Scientific Instruments, a business segment of AMT.
The Director of ORTEC Sales and Marketing reports to the Division Vice President, Business Unit Manager. The total team is approximately 50 including the following direct reports:
• Four Regional Sales Managers
• Three Global Product Managers
• Customer Service Manager
• Technical Support Manager
• Marketing Communications Manager
• EMEA Sales Manager
• ASEAN Sales Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for developing and executing the go-to-market sales strategy to produce profitable revenue growth. This includes identifying adjacent markets and opportunities, as well as fully examining the current pipeline and portfolio to drive growth.
In addition to leading the sales team, he/she will contribute to the product line strategy, pricing, forecasting, sales training, trade shows and customer service. Mentoring, coaching and supervisory responsibility for the Sales and Marketing Team is an important aspect of the role.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop, grow and manage sales plans, goals, and associated activities to achieve regional bookings and profit targets
• Responsible for sales personnel and activities worldwide.
• Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
• With the sales team, develop and execute strategies to win new targeted business.
• Responsible for the engagement and management of existing direct sales and distributor resources.
• Participate in the creation and promotion of strategic sales initiatives.
• Develop sales force training & manage launch activities.
• Train and manage existing direct sales and distributor resources.
• Through the regional managers, manage existing service resources.
• Lead business development activities that result in expansion to new markets.
• Market analysis of adjacencies for business expansion and diversification.
• Contribute to business unit strategy formulation.
• Collaborate with R&D to define new products based on customer inputs and market research in support of business unit strategy.
• Propose new product structure and pricing.
• Assist BU resources in reviewing project requirements, specifications, and pricing on all new potential applications and development projects.
• Provide first line of local support and knowledge of products and applications to the local sales organizations and distributors.
• Competitive analysis. Gathering information about competitors’ products and strategies and translating that into actionable insights for R&D and the Sales Team.
• Prepare and deliver executive presentations to audiences including Company’s Executive Officers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• The successful executive will be an experienced sales leader with broad experience of technical products into industrial markets.
• He/she will need to demonstrate a strong business development mindset for further commercialization of product, and work closely with members of the leadership team. He/she must review and selectively evaluate the leadership talent and partner with functional leaders in Operations and R&D, as appropriate.
• 7-10 years of experience as a sales leader in a technology-oriented organization.
• Exceptional experience managing, developing, and leading teams.
• Business development experience.
• Exposure or direct experience with M&A activities.
• Strong technical skills and experience with high-tech products; any relevant camera experience would be a plus.
• History of strategy development and execution skills leading to exceptional business results.
• Program/project management skills and experience.
• Excellent written and verbal executive communication skills.
• Profit and loss experience highly desirable.
• Available for domestic and international travel >50%.
* Must be a US citizen.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Undergraduate degree in engineering or other technical degree is required; MBA desired
• Highly intelligent, energetic, analytical, imaginative and results-oriented, the ideal executive will bring a fresh perspective to the role and provide strong support for continual growth of the business both domestically and internationally;
• Excellent executive presence and communications skills both internally and externally;
• Passionate, charismatic leadership style;
• Ability to relate to people at all organizational levels within a highly team-oriented environment;
• Ability to build on a robust and revitalized corporate culture;
• Enjoys being part of an environment that aggressively pushes the envelope through product innovation on a global basis;
• High integrity and a personal sense of commitment to excellence; treats others with respect and ensures adherence to quality standards and ethical business practices. A principle based leader.
Oak Ridge, TN
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.