10 months ago
Director, Program Management
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55363BR Date posted 10/19/City Fort Worth
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Director, Program Management in Ft Worth, TX.
Manages a team of Program Managers and Customer Service individuals with matrixed organizational responsibility for Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Supply Chain functional leadership. Overall P&L responsibility for execution of program business plans and strategies across geographically-dispersed teams. Serves as the face of the organization to external customers as well as internally within the Company. Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs. Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets. Leads overall program performance and success.
Job Description Summary
Direct a team of Program Managers and/or Customer Support individuals in the management of assigned programs. Responsible for execution of all program phases from inception through contract award, delivery, and post-delivery support. This position has overall P&L responsibility for assigned programs and holds responsibility for program leadership, program success, and building solid internal and external business relationships. Is expected to successfully manage programs within schedule and budget, and lead in analyzing risk and establishing associated contingencies, including trigger events. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities. Directs work to achieve established program performance targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads Program Manager and/or Customer Support team to ensure adherence to program plans, schedules and budgets for programs under assigned scope of responsibility.
• Oversees P&L of the program(s) to ensure profitability targets are met.
• Manages the timely execution and administration of business unit’s contractual commitments with its customer to ensure these requirements are reviewed and implemented internally to meet and exceed program performance and business unit targets.
• Interprets, executes and establishes operating policies and processes and participates in establishing and administering many division-wide initiatives.
• Creates policy deployment objectives and initiatives for policy deployment for their organization.
• Makes final decisions on issues affecting major segments of the organization.
• Serve as customer advocate for product development, production support issues and repair and overhaul.
• Participate in aspects of strategic Management Policy Development and Deployment that is chartered with achieving Business Unit objectives.
• Provides leadership and consultation to program management and staff in matters related to intradepartmental communication, understanding of overall departmental goals and objectives, and individual roles and responsibilities in this regard.
• Coordinate management and technical decisions, while effectively arbitrating and resolving problems associated with both new and existing products and projects.
• Leads the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operation budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization's interests.
• Plan, organize and control assigned activity to optimize profit and meet growth objectives.
• Interprets, executes and manages company-wide division/unit- wide modifications to policies and procedures.
• Utilizes PDPR’s and New Product Introduction processes to ensure conformance to organization’s goal and initiatives and ensures timely completion.
• Ensure compliance with EHS and Ethical Policies and with Federal, State and local laws.
* Demonstrated responsibility for execution of program business plans and strategies across geographically-dispersed teams.
* Demonstrated timely execution and administration of business unit’s contractual commitments with its customer
* Relevant work related experience with negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs.
* Ability to travel 30% domestic and international
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
* Ensure compliance with EHS and Ethical Policies and with Federal, State and local laws.
* Manages a team of Program Managers and Customer Service individuals within a matrixed organization
* Aerospace or aviation industry experience
* Previous military program management
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, and/or business administration and 10+ years’ work related program/project management or operationally-related experience
Master’s degree preferred in a technical discipline, and/or business administration and 8+ years’ work related program/project management or operationally-related experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.