10 months ago
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the overall coordination and control of Inflight: operations, standards, compliance, training and reliability. Maintains compliance with CFRs and Company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Directs all phases of departmental operations, including training, task forces, recognition programs, scheduling, safety, etc. Implements policy and procedure changes.
Coordinates with VP of Flight Operations in the development of budgets and cost accounting for Inflight.
Maintains liaison with FAA, industry organizations and Flight Attendant Union. Participates in contract negotiations.
Partners with other departments involving Inflight interaction: Customer Service, Recruitment, Crew Scheduling, Flight Operations, Security/Safety within the Company to maintain safety and increase reliability.
Directs the planning of Inflight operations, staffing, resources and equipment.
Oversees the Inflight department’s Aviation Safety Action Program.
Participates as a team member on Republic’s Emergency Response Team.
Serves on internal and external committees to enhance Inflight operations. Attends industry meetings as applicable.
Continues professional training towards upgrading performance and abilities.
Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential employees. Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
Performs special projects and other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
• At least five years of aviation experience with one or more of those years as a Flight Attendant or in aviation management or equivalent.
• Two or more years of prior leadership experience in managing supervisory staff in a customer service function.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local rules and regulations in regards to Inflight and airline operations.
• Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in aviation, human resources or related field.
• Previous supervisory or human resource experience.
• Previous experience in supervising Flight Attendants.
• In depth knowledge of federal, state and local rules and regulations in regards to Inflight and airline operations.
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
• Able to pass an FAA required 10 year work history review and submit to criminal background and fingerprint checks.
• Possess and maintain a valid US passport or foreign passport.
• Authorized by law to work in the United States and able to travel in and out of the United States.
• Willing to submit and pass FAA and Company mandated random drug and alcohol tests.
• Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
• Has a working knowledge of Part 121 operations.
• Possess strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
• Able to coordinate multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Able to handle interruptions and a fast paced environment.
• Able to work with confidential materials and information.
• Maintain strong attention to detail.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Able to process information quickly and react in a positive manner during unexpected and/or serious situations. Capable of controlling personal and emotional responses and acting appropriately under high levels of stress.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must possess the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits using necessary movements and force up to and including 70 pounds.
• Capable of lifting objects above shoulders up to and including 35 pounds.
• Able to push and pull moveable carts weighing in excess of 250 pounds.
• Able to walk and stand for extended periods, sometimes with aircraft turbulence.
• Must be able to stoop, crouch, squat, climb and kneel.
• Able to see clearly at 20 feet or more with corrective lenses or contacts.
• Able to hear clearly verbal communications in person and over airplane communication systems with ambient aircraft and passenger noise.
• Must be able to sit in assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened without any modifications.
• Must be able to move about aircraft and perform all required functions freely, effectively and quickly in confined environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Willing and able to work a varied schedule to meet operational needs.
Able to travel up to 25% of the time, including nights, weekends, holidays and overnight stays
# of Openings Remaining 1
Pos. Category Inflight