4 months ago
DATE: March 26, 2018
TO: All Qualified Applicants
FROM: Human Resources
RE: Director, Flight Operations Training
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This is a recruitment for a Director of Flight Operations Training. This position will report
to the Director of Operations. This position will be located in Anchorage, AK. This is a
full time, benefit-eligible position with schedule to be determined.
This position will be responsible for coordination, development and implementation of the
Flight Operations Training Program (FOTP) and is responsible to the Chief Pilot (CP),
Director of Inflight Services (DIS), and the Manager of Dispatch (MD).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: -High school diploma or equivalent required
-Bachelors or Associates degree in aviation or related fields preferred
-2 years previous commercial or military aircraft flight and/or ground instruction experience required
-Previous experience with formal instructional systems
-Previous experience with learning management systems preferred
-Previous pilot and instructor experience preferred
-Basic knowledge and understanding of Air Traffic Control procedures, Federal Aviation Regulations, the
Aeronautical Information Manual, meteorology and other aviation related subjects required
-Knowledge of Crew Resource Management (CRM) concepts required
-General knowledge of commercial aircraft system required
-Familiarity with theories of learning and teaching methods required
-Demonstrated computer skills utilizing word processing, presentation, and graphic software required
-Demonstrated writing and editing skills to develop training documents and manuals required
-Demonstrated classroom communications and instructing ability required
-Demonstrated ability to apply the most appropriate teaching methods to fit the situation required
-Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a team member for a group projects required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: 1. Coordination with the CP to ensure standardization of the pilot portion of the FOTP with Company
2. Coordination with the DIS and MD to ensure standardization of the Flight Attendant and
Dispatcher portions of the FOTP with Company operating procedures.
3. Has ultimate Responsibility for maintaining pilot/flight attendant/dispatcher training records in
accordance with the FARs.
4. Responsible for scheduling all ground training, simulator and flight training events in accordance
with the FOTP.
5. Coordination with the Director of Maintenance on developing training courseware and ensuring
that all flight crews/dispatchers are trained accordingly whenever a new component is installed or
removed from the airframe that will affect the operation of the aircraft
6. Develops periodic training projections based on estimates of crew staffing requirements. This will
entail detailed discussions with the Chief Pilot.
7. Teaches general subjects, in coordination with the program manager, and delegates aircraft
systems ground schools to qualified instructors as needed.
8. Responsible for developing and maintaining both Instructor-led and computer-based aircraft related
ground training courseware, lesson plans, and instructor guidelines and related training materials for the
Bombardier Dash 8 Q100 aircraft in accordance with training policies, procedures and regulatory guidance
9. Ensure adequate training facilities are available.
10. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the DO. ALL INTERESTED INTERNAL APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT A
COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION TO Ravn Air Group, Human Resources, 4700 Old
International Airport Road, Anchorage, AK Fax 266-8401. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Ravn Air Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of
making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for
employment with Ravn Air group depends solely on your qualifications.