2 months ago
Life at Swoop.
When you work for Swoop, you’re a part of an entrepreneurial startup where nimble, bold, collaborative and digitally-focused are just a few of the words we use to summarize how we roll. Swoop is a wholly owned subsidiary of the WestJet Group (TSX: WJA) but make no mistake, we march to the beat of our own drum. At Swoop, our day-to-day operations are vastly different and deliberately separate, but carefully aligned to complement the big picture strategy of the group.
Posting Open Date: 06/13/2018
Posting Close Date: 06/22/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Director (Head) of Finance – the Short and Simple
Reporting to the EVP, President, Swoop Inc. this individual will significantly differentiate its cost structure to suit a ULCC environment, and this Finance Leader's unwavering focus will be to drive cost accountability and superior ultra-low-cost performance at Swoop.
The Head of Finance is accountable for Swoop cost performance and will assist in refining the ongoing financial and operational strategy of Swoop. To this end this role will partner with other leaders at Swoop and within the broader Group to find and implement innovative and cost-effective options, foster an environment of cost accountability, all while ensuring accurate financial reporting and operations.
Financial & Cost Performance:
* Cost champion for Swoop ensuring decisions and results align with ULCC mandate with a goal of having one of the lowest cost structures amongst ULCC peers globally;
* Interpret financial performance to drive meaningful and actionable change to the organization.
Financial Reporting and Accounting:
* Oversee issuance of accurate financial information which includes monthly financial reporting, forecasts and annual budgets;
* Develop and oversee the building and maintenance of solid, accurate accounting practices and implementation of appropriate controls;
* Report on financial and cost performance to Swoop’s and the Group’s broader Executive Leadership teams;
* Develop Management Fee allocation & philosophy to ensure efficient and appropriate cost accountability for both Swoop and the broader Group, on shared services.
* Inspire Swoop employees to promote an ultra-low-cost philosophy and mandate into all day to day operations and decisions by driving cost accountability through performance metrics;
* Key liaison to shared services as it relates to Finance department and shared processes and cycles. Work alongside Group resources and provide guidance and support as necessary;
* Work alongside Swoop operational teams to develop innovate and cost-effective solutions.
* Responsible for Swoop’s form of payment and revenue accounting processes which includes partnership with IT for Swoop’s revenue accounting system “SkyLedger” and its payment processing “SkyPay” modules and associated external vendors that integrate with these systems;
* Forms of payment include traditional options (credit and debit cards), and strategy on alternative strategies including foreign exchange, fraud management and development of non-traditional payment options.
* Lead a team of financial professionals directly;
* Ensure team members have clearly defined goals and measures to track success;
* Challenge and coach team members to grow and develop, and create an environment where continuous learning is expected;
* Consistently strive to improve teams’ processes, gain efficiencies and drive value.
* Minimum 15 years of progressive experience in finance and/or accounting leadership;
* Proved leadership experience of partnering with operational teams to deliver superior finance results;
* Highly motivated, energetic and goal-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment;
* Willingness and a passion for “Wearing multiple hats” and doing what needs to be done to support the team;
* Possess strong communication skills to provide guidance and/or instruction to peers in the organization;
* Confident in presenting financial information to senior levels of management;
* Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement;
* Previous knowledge of the airline industry considered an asset.
* University degree in Commerce or Business;
* Accounting degree and/or MBA required.
* Target salary range for base would be between $123,000 - $160,000, other total compensation pieces could increase this total comp by a 50% lift.
What about the Benjamin’s?
At Swoop, we’re committed to offering a fair and competitive total compensation package that starts with a solid base salary, and complemented by perks like performance based profit sharing, a company-matched share purchase plan, flexible group benefits and of course, flight privileges.
We celebrate differences and diversity.
Swoop is an equal-opportunity employer, and our workplace culture is one where diversity and differences are embraced, appreciated and celebrated. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, transgender status, marital or family status, disability, age or convictions for which a pardon has been granted.