about 1 year ago
Position Title: Director, IT Infrastructure
Employment Terms: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Calgary, AB
Provide leadership and direction to WestJet’s technical infrastructure teams. The role will oversee a group of leaders responsible for the day to day management and strategic planning for IT operations as it relates to logical and physical servers, cloud computing, networking, facilities and storage services, deployment management and the service desk. The position will focus on building a high performance, customer-service oriented team that operates with a mindset towards streamlining processes and evolving infrastructure technologies.
* Provides day to day direction and management of all aspects of IT operations noted above;
* Leads technical leaders including hiring, career development and performance reviews with a focus on enhancing leadership effectiveness;
* Forms part of the IT Senior Leadership team, work collaboratively across the group and exhibit the servant leadership mentality that is aligned with WestJet’s culture;
* Manages operational and capital budgets including forecasting and reporting of fiscal performance for domain of responsibility;
* Leads the adoption of emerging Infrastructure technologies, including cloud computing, sensor-based networks, and specialized infrastructure suitable to specialized purpose (e.g., large-scale analytics);
* Manages projects of significant technical complexity;
* Oversees the design, documentation and presentation of service programs including performance reporting, SLA’s and other measurements or strategies to the Senior IT Leadership team, technical peers and customers;
* Designs, documents and presents strategic direction for the operational infrastructure in cooperation with other technical service groups within WestJet;
* Acts as a point of escalation for all operational incidents and stand in for other technical leaders as required;
* Assists in the evaluation and procurement of data services, applications, computer systems and/or IT services;
* Interacts with vendors, suppliers and manufacturers to understand service, product and equipment roadmaps and how they integrate with overall technical and business strategies within WestJet;
* Accountable for monitoring, measuring, executing, reporting and remediation of controls within the Technical Infrastructure domain; and
* Other responsibilities as assigned and consistent with the role.
The successful candidate will be a team player with business acumen, strategic insight and sound judgment along with proven, in-depth experience in supporting sensitive and high-touch projects.
* Progressively more responsible enterprise IT leadership experience in an organization of similar size, scope and complexity to WestJet; and
* A minimum of 5 – 7 years of that time in a senior leadership position directly related to technical operations management.
* Post-secondary education in Information Technology (or equivalent);
* Additional course work related to technical and people management is preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
* A broad knowledge of IT and business processes required in support of enterprise application delivery environments similar in size, scope and complexity to WestJet;
* Ability to work within a demanding, dynamic work environment and be part of a larger technical management team focused on performance and delivery;
* Knowledge of and ability to incorporate emerging technologies in the Infrastructure realm;
* Experience in a forward-leaning cloud computing environment;
* Strong metrics-based mindset and approach to operational performance;
* Substantial people leadership experience overseeing teams of varying seniority levels;
* Well-developed people leadership skills with a proven record of motivating staff, working collaboratively and coaching direct reports in a team environment with accountability;
* A positive “can-do” attitude, inquisitive style and customer focused approach in order to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity;
* Demonstrated change mindset with the ability to see the big picture; and
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
A competitive compensation package will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
This position is eligible for a performance bonus as per WestJet’s compensation policy and the Total Rewards program that includes the following: extended health, emergency travel medical, dental, vision, short-term disability (STD), long-term disability (LTD), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) & travel benefits. This position is also eligible for relocation assistance.
To confidentially express your interest please apply via our website. You are also welcome to forward your CV attention Lisa Helfrick or Kara Watson at email@example.com.
WestJet An Alberta Partnership
22 Aerial Place NE
Calgary, AB T2E 3J1
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.