9 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
As Director for After-Market Sales, you will manage the business development and sales activities for the global After Market. This includes the following key activities:
Management of territory managers and associated global forecasts
* Management of business development team and associated campaign planning for upgrade and other service sales to attain growth targets
* Support the development of bid strategies for support and services
* Provide direction for development and sales of service products
* Development of strategic growth plans for the after market
This role reports directly to our Vice President of Customer Services. If you have a history of success selling, sales management and business development planning into the defense industry and enjoy the challenge of the hunt as well as the thrill of the close, this could be a great role for you!
Tasks to be Accomplished
Your responsibilities will include:
* Supervision of After Market Territory Managers
* Supervision of business development and service product management team
* Development of accurate bookings forecasts/commitments
* Generation of bookings
* Management of sales expense budget.
* Work effectively with Directors and Managers from our government systems division when pursuits require WESCAM Sales team cooperation between service and systems acquisition activities.
* Development of long term bookings forecasts
* As a senior manager contribute to the
* Development of overall business strategies and strategic plans to attain growth
* Build and strengthening of existing sales processes and skill sets
* Assist in the close and negotiation of sales opportunities as required
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or
* Degree in Science, Engineering with relevant business/sales experience, or
* At least 10 years of defense equipment support with significant /service sales and management experience
* A comprehensive understanding of the defense service market and customer needs (domestic and international)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated networking capabilities among various communities, e.g. users, and acquisition officials / program leads in Military, Police and Homeland Security fields.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
* Demonstrated understanding of EO-IR sensor technology and application of this technology to current and future customer missions
* Minimum NATO Secret Clearance.
* Ability to travel globally
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam