4 months ago
Director, Corporate Strategy-S-CAN-1229
Join the Transformation
At Bombardier, over 65,000 employees on five continents work together to move the world forward. Bombardier is a leader in aerospace and rail transportation. Our new aircraft – the CSeries and Global 7000 – and our $30B+ transportation order backlog will fuel significant growth over the coming years. We are in the midst of a companywide, multi-year transformation of our operations and business models. It is a great time to join Bombardier, giving great opportunities for career development, taking on challenges, and having an impact on performance.
Director, Corporate Strategy
Based in Montreal’s downtown Corporate Office, you will report to the Vice President, Corporate Strategy. With recognized expertise, you support the corporation’s strategy development and lead strategic initiatives, including transformation projects, at a corporate and business segment level.
As Director, Corporate Strategy, you will:
- Work closely with management at Corporate, Aerospace and Transportation segments, to lead and execute projects of strategic importance;
- Develop complete business strategies and plans for business opportunities including product/market strategy, detailed operational and organizational plans, financing plans, and partnership development, making recommendations to senior management;
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses supporting the company’s strategy;
- Translate business problems into financial and numerical models in an accurate and pragmatic manner;
- Support business unit management teams in developing their strategic thinking and approaches to the business;
- Assess merger and acquisition targets for strategic fit and conduct other analysis as required;
- Synthesize analyses and prepare corporate presentations for senior executives.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have minimum 10 years of work experience, preferably within a manufacturing company in the field of aerospace or passenger rail;
- You have an MBA and an undergraduate diploma with a strong concentration in an analytical discipline such as engineering, finance or equivalent with exceptional academic credentials;
- You are a thought leader with well-developed analytical and synthesizing skills;
- You are a self-starter and are comfortable with sourcing, advocating, leading, and advancing projects with teams and colleagues who do not necessarily report hierarchically to you;
- You have the ability to analyze and translate complex business problems into practical insights, models, and strategies;
- You have strong financial modeling capabilities;
- You have a relentless commitment to rigor;
- You have excellent business acumen;
- You are creative in problem-solving;
- You have excellent communication skills and the capacity to influence senior executives and external stakeholders;
- You have excellent spoken and written English and French.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Bombardier employees interested in this job opening will also have to apply through the Web site indicating their current employee status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is eligible to the Employee Referral Program for Corporate Office.
The associated bonus is of 2000$ CAD.
File Ref. Number: S-CAN-1197
Job: Strategic Planning
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Downtown
Organization: Corporate Office
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 30.05.2018, 1:38:18 PM