6 months ago
Managing Director Marketing & Advertising
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion
The Director, Brand Activation focuses on activating the Alaska brand and driving engagement and advocacy through sponsorships, partnerships, and social media. This role reports to the Managing Director, Marketing & Advertising and is accountable for the relationship, deliverables, and performance of Alaska Air Group's social media agencies, sponsorship, and vendor partners.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports brand activation marketing activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- This position will interact routinely with other Directors, Managing Directors, and will have occasional interaction with most senior leaders in the company, up to and including the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Drives brand awareness and engagement through social media & sponsorship management, including increasing AAG's social following by 50% each year for the next 4 years.
- Brings the brand to life in remarkable ways through all touchpoints.
- Provides an unrelenting focus on driving social conversations that reach AAG's target audience.
- Creates best-in-class activations.
- Oversees staff and external agency(s) working on sponsorship & social media programs.
- Inspires, develops, and manages a high-performing team of 5 employees.
- Tracks and reports the effectiveness of social media, sponsorships, and key partner programs and proactively pursues optimization.
- Develops and manages budgets related to digital/social media ($5MM) and sponsorships ($8MM).
- Develops and manages AAG's social media content strategy and activity calendar, the effectiveness of the social media program, and proactively pursues opportunities for optimization.
- Drives the creation of an "influencer" strategy to grow advocacy and reach among AAG's target audience.
- Maintains active sponsorship partner relationships (e.g., Timbers, San Jose Sharks, Bottle Rock, Mariners and more) and drives innovative activations that contribute to the growth of AAG's brand health metrics.
- A minimum of 10 years of successful integrated marketing experience on the client or agency side.
- Experience with the following:
- Managing social channels, with deep expertise in social space.
- Managing sponsorships and activating large scale brand presence.
- Reporting on campaign performance and ROI.
- The ability to:
- Influence and collaborate with cross-functional peers and senior leaders to align on messaging.
- Think differently, challenge conventional wisdom, and drive new best practices.
- Leverage customer feedback and to research data and business metrics to effectively assess initiatives and drive for continuous improvement.
- Multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously across various audiences.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Major consumer brand experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- Adapts on the fly to changing requirements in a competitively charged environment; willing to try new things to drive execution that successfully differentiates our product among a vast number of competitors.
- High energy, positive, and executive-level presence, along with top-notch written and verbal communication, public speaking, influencing, and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership cultivating and motivating teams of high performing individuals, including effectively leading through managers of managers.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, preferably with a concentration in brand, advertising, marketing, or communications, is required.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: February 12, 2018
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.