7 months ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Director of Airline Sales, in our Troy, OH facility.
Essential / Key Responsibilities:
* Develop sales strategies for the customers in your region that are complementary to global airline sales strategy. Execute strategies to meet plan (sales, EBIT, segment share) targets.
* Identify and create opportunities for incremental business growth.
* Manage policy deployment initiatives for the region.
* Maintain knowledge of competitor offerings and strengths and develop countermeasures for competitor offerings.
* Drive continuous improvement. Develop and implement productivity improvement tools and standard work supporting key processes.
* Work with the Manager of Advertising and Customer Communications to develop airline communications (press releases, quarterly newsletter, etc.) consistent with the overall sales strategy.
* Interface with customers at all levels and functions in the sale and support of Landing Systems products and services.
* Create organizational awareness of customer needs for products and service.
* Interface with functional organization to manage regional needs (contracts, finance, engineering, marketing, etc.)
* Extensive experience conducting successful airline sales campaigns.
* Competent in Microsoft Office software, with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to call-on those skills in high pressure forums, with customer peers and superiors.
* Ability to build strong customer relationships.
* Willingness to travel 30% of the year, and with little notice.
* Extensive background in business finance, aerospace aftermarket sales, or engineering
Education: BA/BS degree w/10+ years experience in aerospace or engineering
• MA/MS degree w/7+ years experience in aerospace or engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.