6 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 05/18/2018
Posting Close Date: 07/01/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm EST)
Encore pilots are leaders who hold themselves to the highest personal and professional standards at all times. Behind the controls, Encore pilots focus on safe and comfortable on-time performance. The leadership opportunities continue on the ground, by lending a helping hand to guests and fellow crew members. Contributing to build a remarkable experience every day for both our guests and WestJet teams is all in a day’s work for Encore pilots.
Qualifications (the following minimum qualifications are required prior to offer of employment):
* Legally entitled to work in Canada
* Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL)
* 2000 hours total time (fixed-wing preferred)
* 250 hours fixed-wing pilot-in-command time (multi-engine or high performance single engine turbine PIC preferred)
* 250 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time (high performance single engine multi-crew turbine can be included towards your multi-engine experience ie. PC-12)
* 250 hours multi-crew experience
* Valid Transport Canada Group 1 instrument rating
* Valid Transport Canada Class 1 medical certificate
* High School diploma
* Oral and written proficiency in English
* Current valid passport (and a Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport)
* All required visas or travel documents allowing you to freely travel unrestricted
* Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) obtained prior to the completion of Initial Ground School
* Clear police background and criminal record checks
* As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test.
The following minimum flight time is required for all applicants to be considered for a captain position.
DHC-8-400 Time Required
Candidates with less than the required DHC-8-400 can apply a credit of 50% for time flown in Transport Category (705) aircraft other than the DHC-8-400. The intent is to allow experience in an operation similar to that of WestJet Encore to be used toward DHC-8-400 totals. Half of any experience on aircraft such as a DHC-8-100/300, ATR or RJ may be used. Second Officer/ Flight Engineer time does not qualify for this program.
NOTE: The aircraft listed above is not a complete list. The Chief Pilot will make the final decision on whether the aircraft meets the intent.
A candidate with 4300hrs total time requires either 500hrs of DHC-8-400 time or 1000hrs on an aircraft such as a DHC-8-100, ATR, or similar.
A candidate with 3100 total time requires 1000 hours DHC-8-400 time or the equivalent which amounts to 2000hrs in a DHC-8-100, ATR or similar.
In all cases a combination of DHC-8-400 and 50% of similar aircraft time can be used to meet the minimum required DHC-8-400 time.
* Ability to work within a dynamic team
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Adaptable and flexible to change
* Professional and committed to upholding WestJet values
* Scheduled airline and/or military flight experience
* Glass cockpit and/or FMS experience
* Post-secondary education
* Internal WestJet and/or WestJet Encore referral
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.