3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Rotating Machinery, AMS Pack Installation, and Shared Engineering Services Product Line Manager is responsible for leading a diverse group of design, project, and structures engineers as well as product definition, and configuration management associates. The Rotating Machinery and AMS Pack Installation team is responsible for all engineering activities associated with the design, development, qualification, and production support of Rotating machinery, AMS Pack Installation, and AMS Pack Components in the ES organization. The Shared Engineering Services team is responsible for supporting the product line organization's need for structural analysis, CFD analysis, product definition, and configuration management of AMS, PWES and GEAI make and buy products. The product line manager has overall responsibility for the execution, process, tools and technology advancement of the product line including the staffing and development of the product line team.
* Oversee the product line disciplines to ensure execution and process improvement.
* Manage work scope, resources and processes.
* Utilize and expand Standard Work to drive and continuously improve the engineering design and development process.
* Present to Engineering and Program Management as well as Customer representatives.
* Coordinate with customers and suppliers as needed.
* Travel to customers and suppliers as needed.
Management responsibility including:
* Associate development
* Outsourcing oversight
* Resource planning
* Strategic planning
* A minimum of five years of supervisory experience leading engineering and/or technical support teams.
* A minimum of twelve years of experience in various aspects of technical support of related products.
* A proven track record managing significant programs to plan and customer satisfaction.
* Experience and proven ability to communicate with all levels of UTAS, suppliers and customers.
* Demonstrated team leadership skills, able to organize and execute complex tasks, and communicate effectively in formal forums.
* Must have strong planning skills and be familiar with earned value management.
* Excellent verbal and written skills are critical along with the ability to work/lead in a cross functional team environment.
* Knowledge of UTAS manufacturing, quality, and lab operations is preferred.
* Strong knowledge of the ACE Operating toolset and processes is preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering required.
* Master's degree and / or MBA preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.