about 1 year ago
Keyword: Dimensional inspector of finished parts
Request Number: PPL- Vérificateur opérations
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4900-Campus 1
Sector: Campus 1
Level required: Stagiaire
Posting Start Date: 2018-02-01
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial, regional, and general aviation aircraft and helicopters. With more than 60,000 engines in service in over 200 countries and territories, we are proud to be responsible for powering an aircraft that takes off or lands somewhere in the world every second of every day.
We are known for our culture of innovation and investment in R&D, our commitment to employee career advancement, and for giving our experts an excellent work-life balance. We offer a highly competitive salary, benefits package and rotating work hours in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force.
Power your life. Go Beyond with a career at Pratt and Whitney.
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada is powered by people like you.
We have established a global reputation for dependability and a track record of reliability that no other aircraft engine manufacturer can match. That reputation starts in our state-of-the-art manufacturing centres, where each engine shipped to customers has been rigorously tested to ensure it meets exacting quality standards. As our dimensional inspector, you will play a key role in ensuring that each finished engine part we deliver meets the precise specifications needed to deliver optimal performance.
Are you up for the challenge?
The successful candidate will be a resourceful problem-solver who leaves no stone unturned, driven by the conviction that when it comes to quality, all the details matter. Your perfectionist mind-set demands excellence of yourself and inspires it in others. You find it rewarding to work with a range of cutting-edge equipment in a high-tech manufacturing environment. You thrive on the responsibility of conducting essential tests that help determine whether parts are “P&WC dependable” and live up to our customers’ high expectations. You enjoy being part of a motivated, specialized team while also being given a high degree of autonomy in carrying out your day-to-day work.
Specific responsibilities of position: You will perform visual and dimensional checks of parts, identify faults and sort parts that do not comply with specifications, based on working instructions.
As part of this core work, your careful attention to detail and analytical mind-set will prove essential when:
• Regulating, adjusting and using precision measuring instruments for dimensional inspections
• Using basic functions and predefined programming on CMMs and other specialized equipment
• Performing associated tasks such as simple deburring, polishing, cleanliness tests and pressure/flow tests
• Using the IT systems required for your role (SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
You will actively contribute to a smooth workflow and efficient, compliant manufacturing environment by:
• Ensuring that standards and specifications are met
• Ordering materials needed to ensure a continuous flow of materials
• Keeping the relevant logbooks up to date with various parameters in order to establish efficient operations using statistical process control
• Performing other tasks such as cleaning, marking, protecting and packing parts
Your will also work with colleagues to drive improvements and raise the bar for quality in the manufacturing centre:
• Collaborating with the production department to correct quality problems
• Participating in quality improvement clinics
Qualifications required: Requirements:
• Vocational diploma (DEP) in machining techniques or diploma in mechanical engineering or aircraft construction
• Two to five years of metrology experience
• Experience in an industrial environment
• Excellent ability to read drawings
• Proficiency in French (oral and written)
• Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
• Knowledge of English
• Knowledge of MS Outlook and SAP
Field of studies: Aeronautics
Additional Information: Before being invited for interview, candidates must first pass a theoretical and practical test.
Although each application is taken into consideration, only selected candidates will be contacted.
The masculine generic refers to both genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.
Benefits and competitive salary, rotating working hours; in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.