7 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Fredericton, Halifax, Moncton, Montréal, Ottawa, Québec City, Saint John, NB, Sault Ste. Marie, Stephenville, St John's, NL, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, Timmins, Windsor, Boston, Chicago (Midway), New York (Newark), Washington (Dulles) and has seasonal flights to Burlington, VT, Mt. Tremblant, QC, Myrtle Beach, SC and Orlando – Melbourne, FL.
POSITION: Digital UX / UI Designer
TEAM: Digital, Loyalty and Solutions Delivery
REPORTS TO: Manager, Digital Services
Porter is looking for a savvy, experienced and passionate User Experience designer, with a healthy dose of UI abilities. Your day-to-day focus will be to refine our web products by improving its look, feel and functionality. You might be able to tell, but we are very proud of our brand, both online and offline and your work should seek to enhance it while keeping the end user in mind. You will not be alone in this effort, we do expect you to work collaboratively and bring your ideas to the table in a well thought out and organized manner. Your attention to detail should impress your colleagues! Speaking of details, see more about the position below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collaborate with teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience design
* Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
* Be responsible for strategic planning activities and deliverables such as business requirements gathering, user personas, user needs and journey maps
* Create site maps, wireframes, storyboards, user flows and prototypes to communicate the intended design direction
* Create visual design concepts and mock-ups for hand-off to development
* Coordinate with the technical team and participate in the QA process throughout development
* Conduct usability testing and other research methods to validate the designs
* Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* All other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety - Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork - Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Customer Service - Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative - Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focused - Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication - Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus
* UX / UI Experience
* College or university program in a related discipline or equivalent experience
* Ideally an understanding of accessibility requirements
* Experience working with responsive web design
* Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
* Ideally, experience using Axure 8
* Familiarity with Sketch, InVision, Marvel and other UI/UX prototyping tools
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date February 21, 2018
* Reference ID 75-35-11