11 months ago
Digital Technology Asset Manager
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55858BR Date posted 10/27/City Charlotte
State North Carolina
very second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational DT with new digital technologies? Our DT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
UTC Aerospace System seeks a seasoned Digital Technology (DT) professional to be responsible for our Asset Management activities. The successful candidate will continue to enhance and develop our customized solution whilst planning for its relocation into our future ITSM ServiceNOW instance and forming an overall Asset Management / CMDB Strategy. The candidate will work with the relevant stakeholders to drive accuracy, visibility of data and drivers for change with a focus on creating best practices to achieve optimal asset management.
The candidate will also act as primary point of contact for DT asset financial disputes with our outsource partners, and act as the focal for PC refresh logistics planning, additional activities include:
* Assist DT Infrastructure Managers with data analysis and management of IT hardware and software assets throughout all regions (under DT support contracts). Provide additional analysis, trend and statistical reporting related to company assets.
* Maintain and administrate the accuracy of infrastructure devices and software licenses in the company’s database. Actively monitor, follow-up and update asset disputes through research of asset inventory activity, location and validity of company ownership. Maintain accuracy of the Application database to ensure accuracy of monthly departmental asset billing.
* Handle asset-billing disputes through the completion of proper forms for submission to vendor asset management group. Follow up on the status of the disputes to verify resolution of disputes ensuring appropriate investigations have occurred.
* Develop Automation of Asset Management activities to reduce process cycle times and accuracy
* Ensure Standard work for Asset accuracy are created and followed leverage our Center of Excellence
* Co-Lead with DT Finance Manager the reconciliation of vendor contractual and out of scope billings.
* Lead in right sizing Project Management initiatives
* Complete special projects as assigned by the infrastructure team managers and the DT Finance Manager.
* Accurate Hardware and Software Asset Management Database
* Repeatable financial asset dispute process which includes global training, standards, and management
* Complete Annual Validation Surveys through organization with a response rate above industry standard
* Reduction of cost and complexity of the asset environment in an effort to support the business
* Ability to create and show performance analysis per the above initiatives and deliver those metrics to the business
* Develop Automation of Asset Management activities to reduce process cycle times and increase accuracy
* Proficient managing, querying, and reporting on SQL databases
* Ability to work in a large and matrixed corporate environment
* Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
* Ability to work with, and influence, all levels of management
* Knowledge of ITIL and Asset Management including CMBD Processes
* Knowledge of IT governance and operations
* Communication skills, both written and spoken
* Knowledge of IT Financial Management
* Experience with manufacturing and distribution companies is a plus
* Project and program management planning and organizational skills
* Customer service orientation
* Time management and prioritization
BA/BS degree from an accredited school in the area of computer science, information technology, business administration, or related field w/4 -7+ years experience OR
MA/MS degree from an accredited school in the area of computer science, information technology, business administration, or related field w/2-5+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.