3 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking an Early Career Digital Integrated Circuit (IC) and Embedded Firmware Design Engineer to work in our engineering design group (Boeing Test and Evaluation) that is responsible for developing specialized test systems. Satellite designs require unique test hardware/software capabilities, resulting in new special test equipment development efforts involving integrated circuit and FPGA (Field-programmable gate array) design. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
Job Responsibilities to include:
* Assist in development of electronic architecture and detailed specifications for various specialized test products.
* Assist in development of detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
* Conduct various methods of testing and analysis, including early bread-boarding in order to validate designs.
* Work with vendors on production of your designs.
* Conduct trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
* Provide engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
* Strong background with embedded systems design bridging hardware and software disciplines
* Experience with Field-programmable gate array (FPGA)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
* Ability to work across hardware/software boundaries and to work under supervision
* Ability to thrive by working within a fast-paced environment working with electrical hardware and software engineers
Typical Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award