4 months ago
Moog’s Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
As a Systems Development Engineer in Moog’s Aircraft Test Equipment team, you will have control over the effectiveness of the overall technical solution (architecture, interfaces and control algorithms) developed to support the customer’s needs. Major responsibilities can include: Definition and management of system requirements, building physics based models of the system and exercising the models over the entire operational environment, facilitating the other design functions thru the decomposition and allocation of requirements and support the integration and test of the resulting system. The System Engineer will guide the system development through their knowledge of the system as a whole, its operational objectives, the subsystem operation and interfaces, and the technical, financial and schedule constraints.
Here’s what you’ll work on:
• Functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Effectively communicate these internal design requirements to the other members of the design/project team.
• Create system level models, design tools and simulations necessary to support trade studies and solution architectures with customers during early business development efforts.
• Lead the identification and definition of all Verification and Validation approaches for the system or subsystem.
• Lead the development of subsystem level requirements that are fully traceable to system level requirements. Write specifications to capture these requirements.
• Lead system or subsystem level integration and test, including any anomaly investigations.
• Create concise reports and proposal write-ups that describe the design decisions and analysis results.
• Develop new product designs and architectures through consulting with customers and sales personnel.
• Support the creation of product platforms for each business unit that reduces the overall recurring cost associated with new product development.
These are the skills you’ll bring with you:
To be considered for the position of Development Engineer, a candidate should have a minimum of an MS Degree, preferably in Systems, Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering. As an alternative, the candidate should have a BS Degree plus four years of experience in the development of mechanical devices or control systems. To fulfill the demands of design and development of new products the individual must show self‑starting instincts, an aptitude for creative synthesis, and the ability to utilize and quickly learn advanced design and/or analysis techniques. A basic knowledge of closed‑loop control systems, mechanical hardware design, and good communication skills are also desirable.
EOE/AA/Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran