about 1 month ago
Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 19374
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
The Senior Developer is a member of the HR Functions Development team, and part of the Employee Technology Department at American Airlines. This team helps American ‘go for great’ by innovatively supporting philosophy, process and tools as needed to support the HR lines of business. This position reports to the Manager, HR Functions, and is responsible for creating, enhancing and maintaining applications for HR lines of business. Join the team as we innovatively construct all things HR at the world’s largest airline.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Use Microsoft's .NET framework to create and support applications written in Visual Basic 6.0, Classic ASP, VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Ajax, Web Services and multiple database server technologies.
* Responsible for development and support of Web Sites, fat client desktop applications, web services and batch processing software or customizing off the shelf software supporting the HR lines of business.
* Support existing applications as well as work on new development projects.
* Work with multiple business units within the HR Department, supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
* Partner with other internal colleagues including technology and 3rd party vendors as needed for system implementation and maintenance.
* Participate as a Subject Matter Expert in various internal and external user groups.
* Design and maintain system processes, procedures and support documentation based on lessons learned and continuous improvement.
* Work with internal partners to perform quality assurance checks on system configuration, test workflow for proper functionality, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
* Perform analysis for system improvements and assist and participate in system test design, system testing and support of the user during transition stages to oversee adoption and ease of use.
* Partner with key stakeholders to solve system issues and ensure their needs are supported.
* Perform routine maintenance processes to manage system accuracy, functionality and management of exceptions.
* Work with system architects to design and create supportable software that meets American Airlines development standards.
* Work with IT Security to develop secure software that complies with American Airlines security standards.
* Undergraduate degree in CS/CE/CIS/MIS/Engineering/Technology or related field or equivalent experience/training.
* Minimum 5 -7 years related software development experience required.
* Advanced expertise in SDLC such as Waterfall and Agile.
* Must be technically savvy including strong use of SQL Server databases, and reporting applications.
* Proficient in MS Office applications.
* Good data analysis background with Data Analytics and Reporting - need to integrate data, correlate, and find data trends.
* Good communication skills (both written and verbal); must be able to deliver technical solutions in an understandable manner to non-technical users.
* Multi-tasking and problem-solving skills are a must.
* Organized and detail oriented.
* Knowledge of SSRS for report development is a plus.
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, customers, and external groups, as well as work in a collaborative environment with geographically dispersed resources.
* Strong desire to work in a fast-paced changing environment with focus on measurable results.
* Must be able to develop new web services and leverage existing web services to interface with other systems.
* The applicant must have a working knowledge of SiteMinder or similar Single Sign On applications, BigIP, data encryption, networks, and firewalls.
* Must be able to work with data center engineers to troubleshoot application problems and implementation issues.
* Microsoft Visual Studio Development
* .NET web application development
* .NET desktop and batch program development
* Microsoft SQL Server
* SQL DTS and SSIS packages
* SQL Stored Procedures
* TSQL Query language
* Oracle DBMS
* ASP application support
* Web Service Development using .NET
* NET development using MVC
* All versions of the .NET framework
* Classic ASP
* Visual Basic 6.0
* Batch Scripting
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 19374
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, Database, Oracle, Technology, Engineering