9 months ago
Lead development and enhancement of test automation framework and architecture. Provide leadership of complex test automation and/or performance test projects by developing the strategy and approach and ensuring actual test automation development, execution and maintenance. Collaborate with Quality Management Engineers (QME) across the enterprise to deliver robust automation solutions that meet American Airlines test automation standards.
Quality Assurance and Testing
* High level technical resource across the IT organization for QME disciplines including functional automation, performance and security testing.
* Plan, create, and execute tests for end-to-end validation of both UI (Selenium) and Services (REST/GraphQL).
* Identify and document bugs found through either manual testing or automation.
* Maintain a solid understanding of SQA methodologies and how they are supported through test automation.
Job Description (Continued)
* Work with software developers, business partners, and project managers to determine and capture Acceptance Criteria using Behavior Driven Development methodology for test automation.
* Complete application test planning, test specifications, test automation, test execution, and test reporting with focus on automated test development alongside feature development.
* Collaborate on the development of test automation utilities to support continuous integration and continuous delivery.
* Develop the automation framework so that it can be utilized by manual QM and non-technical business teams for quality verification.
* Educate and mentor testing team, as well as project team members, in testing and application testing tool usage and mastery.
* Identify performance bottlenecks and assist development team with resolution.
* Develop utilities to support data creation, database restoration and other automation framework pre-requisites.
* Contribute to both Front End (Selenium) and Back End (REST) test automation frameworks.
* Proactively assist with the identification of training and development requirements of the Business Unit.
* Present findings and work with Business Unit Leader and other personnel to design and implement training and development initiatives that will continuously upgrade the skills and capabilities of personnel in business unit and AA overall.
Job Description (Continued 2)
Leadership and Development
* Collaborate with all functional business units within AA to achieve strategic, tactical and project goals.
* Provide leadership needed to instill a team-oriented, client-driven, results-driven team.
* Coach and develop employees.
* Work under the general supervision of the Technology Unit Leader and provides direction to personnel.
* Other duties as assigned
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
* Undergraduate degree in CS/CE/CIS/MIS/Engineering/Technology a related field or equivalent experience and or training
* Proven project leadership skills, including the ability to gather clear business requirements
* Proven ability to develop, document and maintain operational policies and procedures, including the designing and documenting detailed process flows, and the development of operational performance and quality metric standards and reports
* Proven experience working with Excel and developing and maintaining various analyses and reporting tools
* 5 to 7 years’ of QA and/or application development experience
* 3+ years’ hands on experience of test automation of applications and systems architecture
* Advanced knowledge/experience applying automation techniques and tools (TFS/Jenkins/Cucumber)
* Advanced hands on experience with Selenium using Page Object framework.
* Experience and expert at testing SOA and Web Services
* Experience or good knowledge of programming and scripting languages
* Experience with Windows and UNIX environments
* Full SDLC experience; Agile experience
* Flexibility and adaptable to changing environments
* Good written and verbal communication skills, team player
* Experienced user of Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Experience identifying performance bottlenecks and working with developers/architects to tune applications
* Airline experience – a plus
Job Qualifications (Continued)
* Proven success in the following job competencies:
* Analysis and Reporting
* Business Planning and Management
* Communication and Presentation
* Customer Focus and Relationship Building
* Champion for Change
* Information and Technology Proficiency
* Problem Solving and Decision Making
* Technical Industry and/or Profession Expertise
Job Qualifications (Continued 2)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
* Strong understanding of multi-dimensional and relational database structures
* Knowledge of MS Project
* Knowledge of e-mail/scheduling software applications
* Strong mathematical aptitude
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Ability to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
* Ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach on a daily basis
* Ability to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone
* Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
* Must be able to handle mental work demands including:
* Regular and on-time attendance
* Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week
* Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 17071
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, Unix, Information Technology, Technology, Engineering