about 1 year ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
Deadline: April 29th, 2018
Students selected by Porter Airlines for participation in destination porter will be paired with a Porter Airlines pilot who will act as a mentor to help provide guidance in their career development. Once a candidate from destination porter has accumulated a minimum of 500 flight hours, they will have the option to interview at Porter Airlines for a First Officer position. If the candidate is successful with the interview and simulator evaluation he/she will be offered a conditional offer of employment upon completion of the IATRA/ATPL exams and reaching 1000 hrs total time.
Pilots graduating from one of the following schools and programs in 2017 or 2018 may apply to the destination porter program:
Brampton Flight Center - Integrated Airline Transport Pilots Licence Program
Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre - Conestoga College Aviation General Arts and Science Diploma, University of Waterloo Aviation BES/BSc
University of Western Ontario - Commercial Aviation Management Program
Moncton Flight College - Mount Allison Bachelor of Science in Aviation, Diploma in Aviation Technology IATP, IATP/ICPC Program
Seneca College - Bachelor of Aviation Technology, Airline Pilot Flight Operations Program
Algonquin College - Aviation Management Program
Sault College – Aviation
Saskatchewan Polytechnic - Diploma Commercial Pilot Program
British Columbia Institute of Technology – Airline and Flight Operations Commercial Pilot
Mount Royal University – Aviation Diploma
Confederation College – Aviation Flight Management
Ottawa Aviation Services – IATPL Program
Southern Interior Flight Centre - Okanagan College
Students are required to self-identify and apply to the destination porter program. Students who have successfully completed their program (or are forecast to soon) may apply. Applicants that do not meet the criteria below may still apply but require a recommendation from the program delegate.
* Minimum GPA of 3.00
* Completion of Program within the prescribed time frame
* No Fails on a TC Flight Test that results in a full retest. This does NOT include a partial retest
* No failed courses during program of study
* Recommendation from program CFI, DFO, Program Chair or senior instructor
* Demonstrated a high level of professionalism and personal deportment while completing the Flight Training Unit (FTU) program of study. Attendance, punctuality and conduct as would be expected from an aviation professional
* Demonstrated strong work ethic, and self-discipline. Is friendly, courteous and displays leadership potential at the FTU and/or within the community
* Legally able to work in Canada and obtain a Restricted Airside Access Identification Card (RAIC)
1. Complete application profile through this interview portal
2. Upload cover letter and resume
3. Proof of available flight test results required
4. Proof of available TC written exam results required
5. Copy of Academic Record required
6. Porter Airlines values safety-minded individuals who share our enthusiasm for delivering best-in-class customer service. In 2-3 paragraphs, tell us why you want to join the Porter team and how you would add value to our culture.
Successful candidates will be invited for a preliminary interview to be completed at the Flight Training Unit, YTZ Porter Airlines or in some cases by telephone/skype.
For students that may not have completed the FTU’s training program by the application deadline, the CFI or Program head will be contacted about the candidate's application and he/she will be considered for destination porter on a case-by-case basis.
* Post Date January 16, 2017
* Reference ID 95-68-80