8 months ago
Over the past 60+ years, Moog has developed the capability to design and
manufacture the most advanced motion control and fluid flow products for both
aerospace and industrial applications.
A&T Tooling and Fixture Designer
An exciting multi-faceted role awaits for a talented mechanical Tooling and Fixture Designer with Moog's Aircraft Group...
Under the general direction of the Product Engineering Manager, the designer will create (Modeling) tooling and fixtures to aid in assembly of complex Moog actuation products. Maintains contact with Operations (A&T) regarding ease of use and functionality of tools and fixtures as designed. Lastly, guide the drawing and manufacture process through outside vendors and/ or MITC (Moog India)
Nature and Scope of Position:
The position is concerned with the designs of tools and fixtures as they pertain to the assembly of items produced by Moog. Most of the items are requested by the Product Engineers, however, requests also may come from other departments of Moog when items are needed for prototype or in development of Moog products.
The incumbent has the prime responsibilities for translating requirements for tools and fixtures into workable models and drawings. Able to check and provide appropriate coordination and direction to MITC as required in regard to drawings and models and provide coordination and direction to outside suppliers.
1) Design, lays outs, details and checks tooling and fixtures as assigned by his or her manager (This is the essence of the position)
2) Follows up on the manufacture of items designed and their ability to perform as intended
3) Assure the acceptance and practice of fundamental safety principles by employees and management.
4) Collect information from various sources to assure optimum design.
5) Coordinate with MITC in the creation, release and revision of detailed drawings as required
6) Coordinate with inside and outside sources to ensure functionally and delivery meet cost and schedule targets
7) Must maintains contact with outside vendors, Product Engineers and A&T regarding the ability to manufacture and use of items designed.
Minimum Requirements for the role are :
* Associate Degree in Mechanical Design with 5 years of design experience in aerospace or equivalent industries.
* Experience with Uni-Graphics (NX) software
* Knowledge of hydraulics and gears is desirable
* Keen attention to detail
* Good commutation skills; ability to coordinate projects within Moog and with outside suppliers.
* Willingness to travel.
EEO/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Veteran/Disability