8 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace - Anaheim manufactures nearly all galley air chillers and refrigeration insert equipment currently used by airline operators throughout the world. With over 30 years of experience, B/E Anaheim has designed and certified the broadest range of refrigeration and chiller products to suit multiple commercial and military aircraft platforms. As a reflection of our strict quality standards and adept product support program, products manufactured by B/E Anaheim achieve the market’s highest reliability levels and customer satisfaction ratings. The strength lies in the strong teamwork seen throughout all levels of the facility. We are the industry leader in new product development in fields such as advanced compressor design, thermoelectric devices application and other complimentary galley products in coordination with other B/E Aerospace facilities.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Temporary Designer in our Refrigeration Products business located in Anaheim, CA.
* Perform routine design tasks requiring the operation and application of Computer Aided Design equipment.
* Given verbal instructions or written documentation, incorporates changes to advanced engineering and engineering change orders.
* Revise new engineering design sketches, blueprints and production drawings both manually and with the use of computer-aided design software; complete parts listings and specify material list.
* Determines scales, performs routine calculations following well documented and established specifications and design rules.
* Maintaining technical coordination and aesthetic control with Engineering and other industrial design staff members.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
* At least seven (7) years of drafting experience.
* Proficient in detailed models and drawings in AutoCAD and various other Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools (e.g. NX 8.5 or better).
* Proficient in creating and maintaining Bill of Material (BOM), Engineering Change Order (ECO) drafting, and other documentation to support engineering.
* Proficient in drafting standards (e.g. ANSI/ASME Y14.4).
* Proficient in creating 3D models.
* Experienced TeamCenter user
* Proficient in translating electronic documents between various formats (DWG, DXF, STP, PDF, ZIP, etc.).
* Knowledge of best drafting practices.
* Ability to Incorporate red-lines to original drawings from shop drawings as delegated by engineering
* Minimum 10 years of experience in drafting
* Attend design reviews and related project meetings (as requested)
* Self-check and correct all work prior to submitting to checker
* Leadership experience working with technical free-thinkers.
* Ability to directly interface with all levels within a company.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
* Experience in sheet metal modeling
* Ability to read blue prints
* Previous Experience in Aerospace Industry
* Proficient in mechanical and electrical drawings.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.