about 1 year ago
Position Title: Designer SAP Business Intelligence
The SAP BI Designer will be responsible for Data Warehouse design, development and support of SAP NetWeaver BW 7.4 on HANA for Operational and Analytical reporting solutions using SAP Business Objects across several SAP modules including but not limited to HR, FI/CO & Business Planning Tools.
The designer will work closely with business users, functional analysts, developers and system engineers to resolve issues, analyze business requirements and implement BW/BO solutions to address reporting, analytical and visualization needs. The individual will develop and maintain thorough understanding of the best practices of SAP BW modeling and implementation methodologies, query design techniques, follow existing standards and resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Design, develop and maintain standard & custom BW objects including Infocubes, DSOs, Multiproviders, Infosets, virtual and hybrid providers relevant to reporting needs in areas of SAP HR, FI, Logistics and Business Planning and Consolidation.
* Develop and enhance custom ABAP routines including transfer & update rules, Start-Field-End routines, extraction & reporting User Exits and function module extractors.
* Activate and enhance standard SAP BI content as relevant to the reporting requirements.
* Perform functional & technical analysis and configure BI solutions to facilitate operational and analytical reporting.
* Develop data flows, BW structures and support the ETL processes for loading data into BW and Business Planning Infoproviders.
* Build Business Explorer (BEx) queries for feeding data into Business Objects (BO) for delivering Business Intelligence (BI) platform solutions including Universes, Web Intelligence (WebI) reports and Dashboards.
* Troubleshoot existing data models, transformation routines, process chains and BEX queries to address performance & data load issues.
* Maintain necessary understanding of the SAP High-Performance Analytic Appliance (HANA) architecture for design considerations while building BW objects.
* Provides guidance and recommendations for managing and enhancing the BW/BO Platform.
* Mentor team members and business users on following best practices and data warehousing concepts to keep the environment up-to-date and free of Issues.
* Ability to execute all phases of the software development life cycle.
* Ability to explain technology issues and work progress to both technical and non-technical staff.
* Support the SAP team during system testing, interacting with functional business analysts to define and clarify system specifications.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
* Three (3) years of experience with modelling in an SAP NetWeaver BW 7.3 or higher.
* One (1) year of hands-on experience working in two of the following Business Intelligence functional areas: Human Capital, Finance and Business Planning Tools
* Experience with at least 1 full lifecycle implementations of SAP NetWeaver BW 7.3+
* Working knowledge with SAP BW 7.3+ ; SAP Business Objects 4.0+
* SAP Business Planning experience for troubleshooting
* Experience with ABAP development tools to create Transformation Routines, Extractors & User Exits.
* Experience with creating and managing complex BW Process Chains.
* Experience with developing BEx queries for reporting and analysis.
* Understanding of relational databases
* Experience with data extraction and loading
* Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Experience with BO frontend tools like Analysis Office, WebI & Dashboards and HANA Studio
* Demonstrated understanding of Business Intelligence architecture and design principles
* Familiarity with SAP’s service marketplace customer tools and SAP Community
* Understanding of SAP HANA architecture is a plus
* Understanding SAP’s presentation, application and database layers
* Understanding of the SAP’s new software release management strategy (Support & Enhancement Packs).
* Capacity to adapt to constantly changing environments
* Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Regular attendance and punctuality
Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
Computer and other office equipment
Normal office environment
Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement