4 months ago
Act as CAD administrator for all design models and drawings and conduct system maintenance tasks as required.
* • Create accurate models and drawings of engine components and assemblies. Assure that designs meet customer requirements, taking into account the engineering budget and schedule goals.
* • Support new business opportunities and create conceptual designs as required.
* • Participate in the creation of a world class engineering team that is sought after by clients.
* • Design gas turbine components for hot and cold section, gearbox, LRUs and other equipment and as directed.
* • Review designs to confirm compliance with specs & work with other members of the design/analysis team.
* • Follow-up with other engineering groups to assure design performs as specified. Participate in rig and system tests.
* • Issue detailed drawings and reports to document the results of the design.
* • Coordinate with other engineering and company departments to achieve optimization of the design, based on established constraints.
* • Build a strong relationship with clients, partners and parent company technical team in a partnership environment.
* • Act as CAD administrator for all design models and drawings and conduct system maintenance tasks as required.
* • Act as primary administrator of AutoCAD systems (CATIA/UG) and assist with document management.
* • Associates Degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting. Experience in gas turbine design and analysis, preferably for aerospace applications.
* • Trained in Unigraphics and/or Catia including administrator role for licenses.
* • Experience in configuration management, design control, quality control.
* • Experience in designs that comply with airworthiness rules and aviation standards as related commercial aircraft engines.
* • Understand the operation of aircraft Auxiliary Power Units and related systems.
* • Ability to optimize designs with multiple constraints. Understands configuration management and design control.
* • Skilled in stackups, tolerance, manufacturing and assembly methods so as to enhance design.
* • Good verbal and written communication skills.
* • Demonstrated ability to make good decisions related to component design and application
* • Creative and innovative problem solver.
* • System administration skills for maintenance and support of CAD systems and software.
Safran is an international high-technology group, a leading manufacturer in the fields of Aerospace (propulsion and equipment), Defense and Security. Operating worldwide, the Group has more than 70,000 employees and logged sales of 17.4 billion euros in 2015. Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.