11 months ago
Design Lead Structural Integration-MON14164
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Be responsible to manage a group of design engineers supporting the manufacturing of aircraft for the Challenger Business Aircraft unit. The engineering team is responsible to design detail parts, assembly and installation as well as systems installations in a highly schedule driven environment.
- Have to ensure team adherence to company BM, best design practices and QA procedures.
- Be responsible to coordinate internal design changes.
- Review, recommend and concur on design changes as a technical expert.
- Interact efficiently with other engineering and non-engineering groups
- Support Design Project Lead on planning definition
- Prepare deliverables as per Plan and Schedule defined with Design Project Lead
- Support Design and Structural Integration in required Design activities
- Provide technical progress update on deliverables, issues and risks to Design Project Lead
- Share deliverables technical comments/recommendations with Design Project Lead
- Perform Quality Check on internal Packages
- Monitor performance on relevant KPIs
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering or relevant technical diploma
- You have a minimum of 10 years design experience in Aerospace.
- You have excellent knowledge of aircraft structure & system installation technical requirements.
- You possess knowledge of Catia V5 or other CAD software is an advantage.
- You have experience in management in aerospace environment is an advantage
- You understand the principles of lean manufacturing
- You have an aptitude to plan and organize to ensure the achievement of team objectives
- You are an energetic person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team environment
- You have a sense of entrepreneurship
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Structural Design
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 29.06.2017, 11:45:39 AM