about 1 year ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As the A350 Fan Cowl lead, the candidate will be responsible for leading a global team through the product development cycle for re-designing the A350 fan cowl for cost/weight reduction in support of the A350 Nacelle Enhancement Program (NEP) along with ongoing sustaining activities.
The tasks will include;
Development of the engineering definition using the UTAS layout process
Supporting key development milestones and design reviews
Presenting design concepts/status to the Customer
Release of engineering to support manufacturing need dates
This role leads a global team and will require flexibility to attend call outside of normal business hours.
The candidate will be responsible for performing Design Lead Check on the work produced by other engineers within the team to ensure the accuracy of the CATIA 3D models as well as associated engineering documentations prior to release.
Critical skill sets include:
* CATIA V5, ENOVIA, and Teamcenter experience
* Experience with development of Interface Control Documents
* Knowledge/experience with structural/systems layout and conceptual design
* Good oral and written communication skills
* General engineering integration knowledge: podding, paint & markings, step and gap requirements, etc.
* Ability to maintain top level drawings and drawing trees
* Knowledge of configuration management and the engineering change process
* Must have Design experience of lightweight aircraft structure using CATIA V5. Experience designing aircraft structures and knowledge of nacelle fan cowls is preferred. Experience with CATIA CPD is a benefit. Good communication skills.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering with 6-10 years of experience OR
* Master's degree with 4-7 years of experience OR
* Ph.D. with 2-4 years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.