9 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets a career at B/E Aerospace is beyond what you would expect in a job. At B/E your ideas, your talents, and your experiences are utilized for more than your day-to-day duties. They're used to shape a global organization. It's your opportunity to make a real difference each day - and be a part of something bigger.
B/E Aerospace's Commercial Aircraft Segment is seeking energetic, self-starters for the position of Design for Reliability Engineer in our Anaheim, California facility. In this position, the successful candidate's primary focus will be to influence the new product design early in the design process to achieve new product reliability goals by using Design for Reliability tools. The DFR would ensure that reliability is considered as one of the key design and manufacturing consideration from concept to production launch. This role will also involve coaching the design engineers in using the Design for Reliability tools. Key responsibilities include:
* Work with Engineering Project Leads and Program Management to prepare DFR Plan for new products.
* Build Reliability Block Diagrams for new products using field data, industry standards, design analysis, and test data.
* Perform field data analysis to understand the baseline reliability performance and to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Facilitate Design and Process Failure Modes and Effect analysis for new products focused on influencing the design early in the design process.
* Participate in design reviews to assure reliability is being considered as one of the key elements in design evaluation.
* Develop and run Physics of Failure based reliability life tests and Reliability Growth Tests.
* Plan and conduct circuit board level and system level Highly Accelerated Life Tests.
* Support the new product development team with evidence based Root Cause Analysis for failures identified during product development and in the field after the product is released for serial production.
* Maintains appropriate reliability scorecards to communicate project status in a timely manner.
* Perform Fault Tree Analysis to support System Safety Analysis.
* Develop and maintain standard work for Design for Reliability activities.
* Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical engineering, or relevant technical major.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in the design and product development field.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in reliability engineering working with electrical, mechanical, and electronic components.
* Hands-on analytical approach to reliability engineering.
* Strong problem solving, communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
* Certified Reliability Engineer certificationExperience with Minitab, BlockSim, and Xfmea software.
* Experience with writing formal technical reports.
* Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process.
* Experience with refrigeration products.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.