about 1 year ago
Job Code :
Tampa FL US 33626
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
HEICO Aerospace – Seal Dynamics LLC
Location: Tampa, FL Job Category: Engineering
Status: Full Time, Employee Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Shift: First Shift (Day)
For more than 50 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 "Best Small Companies" and 200 "Hot Shot Stocks".
HEICO is currently recruiting a Design Engineer for its Seal Dynamics Business Unit, located in Tampa, FL.
* Analyze existing commercial aircraft components and supporting documentation to determine
* part function in the next higher assembly (NHA)
* part failure modes and the effect of those failures on the NHA and the aircraft
* Use inspection equipment such as an optical comparator, optical equipment, pin gages, calipers, micrometers, etc. to determine part configuration
* Perform part design including
* Analysis for function and safety assessment
* Analysis of inspection data to support the dimensional tolerances of the design
* Documenting design with CAD models and drawings using GD&T and other tolerancing methods
* Support the production of test plans for product validation
* Develop documentation to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulatory process
* Work with in-house engineers in material analysis and have a basic understanding of material processes and characteristics
* Act as liaison with our manufacturing sources for designs developed for production
* Support part development from receipt of OEM parts thru part production
Job Requirements :
EDUCATION / PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Mechanical/Aerospace engineering degree with at least three (3) years of related experience
* Have some knowledge of commercial aircraft part development, including analysis, specification and qualification.
* Experience in working with aerospace materials and methods used for strengthening and corrosion protection is a plus.
* Have knowledge in design specification, definition, and interpretation and the use of national standard and industry material and process specifications and how they apply to product design.
* Have proficiency and industry experience in developing CAD drawings and 3D solid models (Solidworks experience a preference)
* Experience with dimensional tolerancing methods including GD&T (2009 version)
* Hands on manufacturing experience and familiarity with various forming and assembly techniques is a plus.
* Demonstrated proficiency in PC based Microsoft Office suite of programs – Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, etc. and Adobe Acrobat
* Successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
* Demonstrated effective decision making and organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
To succeed, the person will need to be detail-oriented and be a team player with the ability to effectively articulate findings. This is a great position for someone who wants a challenging job, a chance to learn an exciting business, and to grow in a successful company. Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
No relocation will be provided.
Seal Dynamics offers growth opportunity, competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
No phone calls or faxes will be accepted. Forward resumes to JohnBugel@sealdynamics.com. Seal Dynamics is proud to be an EEO employer - EOE/Vet/Diability.